Security Installer Community

Redcare Secure - One Box, Three Grades.

james.wilson

not with that gear now. As long as the router and switch are ups backed then id give it a go. I suppose I also should at work. On red gsm currently.

I would suggest your panel reports an ac fail before the ups dies, that way you can be confident if you get an ac fail followed by an IP fail its probably ok.

But i do think you have much much much better kit than ip signalling will be used on in the wild by others. It think your level of gear, and well managed wans etc that it can work. On the type of sites we generally work on id suggest its a bad idea.

However i have thought we should consider providing a secure ip link for the alarm that can also be used for the sites internet access foc. We do this now but only on a small scale

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

no gsm at all, on any network?

maybe a little on t-mobile or something, but nothing on 02 or voda, which was the only choice at the time. Customer had nothing on orange either. thought about the broadband signal booster but insurance were happy with redcare classic aslong as they had professional keyholders.

no point with the bb signal booster. If it worked would turn your dualpath com into a single path device.

But anyway wont work as the bb femtocells (i assume your thinking of them?) are 3 g only and the dualcoms / redcare units are 2g only maybe at a push 2.5g as the secure and dualcom use gprs

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

no point with the bb signal booster. If it worked would turn your dualpath com into a single path device.

But anyway wont work as the bb femtocells (i assume your thinking of them?) are 3 g only and the dualcoms / redcare units are 2g only maybe at a push 2.5g as the secure and dualcom use gprs

very true, as i said didn't give it much thought as insurance were happy with classic.

God how i wish i was around for the classic and digi age, what an easy life.

Archived