Security Installer Community

Dedicated Micros Launches New Colour-Coded Eco4

james.wilson

re the COP unit, what is it and how does it compare to the DM?

I've used one of Cops! a new flag ship dvr's to expand an existing 8 way system. unfortunately it died slowly over the course of a week, images 1st went mono chrome from early hours, going back to colour after a few hours of light.

Tech blamed the cameras having low signal voltage - 7 of them at once?, i have the excellent SQ test monitor it happens to the signal voltage on the screen, have been in place 10 years no issue with leviathan dvr either. i said not happy need it replaced, get told its NOT a dvr fault and would not be dine on advanced replacement.

Just I don't think they were aware of whom was on the line, can you just imagine my reaction :), so i tinker with settings just to be fair, but a few days later it lost all images completely, so back it went and ibreplaced with a competitors unit from trusted supplier

I'm a pragmatist through and through, so know that kack happens, just box shifters not build. if something go's wrong that is so obviously a kit fault, then for goodness sake why not sort it? not try to flannel straight away on a box with 3 year warranty as it simply dont inspire confidence, just not the way to impress any clients IMHO.

I would now be very wary of trying another one or other kit they offer is the end result.

Shame, it has a fantastic spec for the money, looks the cats blx (note to DM looks are Also important - smartybox lol!) the unit cost me 'nothing' it is the extra time snd embarrassment it costs with the client.

i'm not into doing free field tests on that basis and sending it back. i might just have been unlucky, and accept there is a risk with lower priced items sometimes, others may have used this kit and had no probe I'd bet, for me the 'support' has simply put me off by removing my confidence in them.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Well it isn't their flagship DVR lol, its their budget unit(Inspire blue plus).

We have used 5-10, no problems with any of them.

I'm no COP fan, i use alot of concept pro, videcon stuff. However this new unit is a great little DVR for the money, and they are alot better to deal with these days.

Plus they are only 5 mins from the office.

IMO, oe of the best units i've used for simple remote interface.

re the COP unit, what is it and how does it compare to the DM?

Just a simple unit that does the job for most simple installs.

I'll PM u a link.

I thought this was the flag flagship?

http://www.cop-eu.com/sections/specs/window_specs/window_spec.php?product=INS-DVR16P

sort of 2 strikes and your out, would have persevered with replacement as software and interface IMO was amongst the best, but CS via tech let it down. just not forthcoming, so I imagined the problems might be not to quick to honour the 3 years had it occurred later on :(

Arfur

nope, that would be these;

http://www.cop-eu.co...oduct=15-SYM04P

don't use them myself

your right, it was a bit of a jump decission tbh. rare for me, but i looked at the fyer, see the spec v price, see the 30 day no qibble (hmmm!) and 3 year, thought that will do nicely,

is there not 2 versions of it, a 'lite' and the 'better' one i bought?

no matter, all in the distant and dark past now - forgetfuness comes with age :).

Arfur

I've used one of Cops! a new flag ship dvr's to expand an existing 8 way system. unfortunately it died slowly over the course of a week, images 1st went mono chrome from early hours, going back to colour after a few hours of light.

Tech blamed the cameras having low signal voltage - 7 of them at once?, i have the excellent SQ test monitor it happens to the signal voltage on the screen, have been in place 10 years no issue with leviathan dvr either. i said not happy need it replaced, get told its NOT a dvr fault and would not be dine on advanced replacement.

Just I don't think they were aware of whom was on the line, can you just imagine my reaction :), so i tinker with settings just to be fair, but a few days later it lost all images completely, so back it went and ibreplaced with a competitors unit from trusted supplier

I'm a pragmatist through and through, so know that kack happens, just box shifters not build. if something go's wrong that is so obviously a kit fault, then for goodness sake why not sort it? not try to flannel straight away on a box with 3 year warranty as it simply dont inspire confidence, just not the way to impress any clients IMHO.

I would now be very wary of trying another one or other kit they offer is the end result.

Shame, it has a fantastic spec for the money, looks the cats blx (note to DM looks are Also important - smartybox lol!) the unit cost me 'nothing' it is the extra time snd embarrassment it costs with the client.

i'm not into doing free field tests on that basis and sending it back. i might just have been unlucky, and accept there is a risk with lower priced items sometimes, others may have used this kit and had no probe I'd bet, for me the 'support' has simply put me off by removing my confidence in them.

Arfur

It could well have been the cameras if you get them from the same place as the leviathan dvr. They brought a dome out that would give issues if you had more than 1 on a system. I sent loads of them back.

I've used the inspire blue and found it really good for the price. A lot better than I was expecting. Customer views it from all over the world no problem and the record quality is good when using high res cameras. It's on a cottage in the hills with no lights and still gets good results.

It could well have been the cameras if you get them from the same place as the leviathan dvr. They brought a dome out that would give issues if you had more than 1 on a system. I sent loads of them back.

I've used the inspire blue and found it really good for the price. A lot better than I was expecting. Customer views it from all over the world no problem and the record quality is good when using high res cameras. It's on a cottage in the hills with no lights and still gets good results.

Thanks, but Just a duff unit, it happens.

Early on i might have accepted one or two at the time the dvr was swapped out, with deep suspicions, i don't do coincedences so ibwas not having all going t up at the same time with the same colour fault.

The unit completely failed to show any images a week later, so nothing to do with who supplied what cameras (the oldest 4 were from LJD) over the years, and still going strong after 12 years odd.

Point has been proven as replaced with alternative dvr and all is ok again.

Arfur

Archived