Security Installer Community

Raytec Demonstrate Poe Lighting

james.wilson

NEW Raytec video demonstrates benefits of PoE lighting

Raytec have published an informative video to show the benefits of using PoE illuminators alongside IP cameras. The video coincides with the launch of a new range of High Power PoE illuminators and shows how video bandwidth and storage can be reduced by up to 90% with professional lighting.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxqYHlOBpiw

PoE illuminators are designed to provide dedicated lighting for all surveillance systems installed on a network infrastructure. Both Infra-Red and White-light options are available and installation is quick, easy and safe; as simple as plugging in the PoE enabled network cable. With an inbuilt photocell plus internal Command and Control electronics our PoE range is truly plug and play.

Raytec’s new dedicated High Power PoE lighting for network cameras can reduce bandwidth and storage requirements by up to 90% providing crisp clear night-time images that are easy to transmit and store. Insufficient light results in highly pixilated images meaning neither video compression nor video analytics can work

http://www.rayteccct...news.aspx?id=41

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Lol

Liked the details on reduced bandwidth / storage space etc. Very relevant when using h264 recorders. On a serious note i can potential in the idea of good dsp chipsets combined with some light etc.

I like poe generally when using ip cams. I see ip being the future and hd over coax being the budget option for those without ip skills.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

I see ip being the future and hd over coax being the budget option for those without ip skills.

Still not fitted any ip cams - yet. however, 1st day on factory install today & we ran cat6 alongside our Rg's along all major routes - as spare for future use...

Would you consider baluns over the cat 5/6 rather than run a coax as well.

I know sod all about cameras. Today i finished a job started on friday. 20mm plactic tube via front and back stirwell of a basement. Not an elbow or inspection benb in site. All wired in cat 5 and baluns.

Pretty much have settled on an 8 way balun and 9 output PSU in a metal cab mounted behind the DVR for all installs. All terminations at camera end are in a 100 x 100 placi bow with 20mm MBB entry to camera. Once you get into a system methad that works then who needs to know the technical aspects. It either works or it dont.:ninja:

Customers!

Would you consider baluns over the cat 5/6 rather than run a coax as well.

I like systems to look neat aswell as reliable, & too many bits & bobs floating around dont work for me. If I could win jobs with rack mounted baluns, rack psu, dvr etc I'd fit.

I do accept we're dogged, but always an eye on the future.

I know sod all about cameras. Today i finished a job started on friday. 20mm plactic tube via front and back stirwell of a basement. Not an elbow or inspection benb in site. All wired in cat 5 and baluns.

Pretty much have settled on an 8 way balun and 9 output PSU in a metal cab mounted behind the DVR for all installs. All terminations at camera end are in a 100 x 100 placi bow with 20mm MBB entry to camera. Once you get into a system methad that works then who needs to know the technical aspects. It either works or it dont.:ninja:

Agreed.

Show us a picky, & will show you one of ours on current install (due to complete friday).

Archived