Security Installer Community

Work Quiet

paulevansevs

Yes but we don't use sun contractors. I think most companies are using their existing direct labour force more efficiently plus the modern regs have extended service intervals so systems are cheaper to maintain and as such have a reduced labour requirement. Also systems are cheaper to install using existing infrastructure. Coupled with that the new build market is very quiet.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

did you come back because Spain was also quiet work wise?

i'm told the construction industry is in real trouble out there, that may be due to the worlds economy, but i'd say in some part due to the mistrust caused by their habit of knocking down 'illigal properties' without recompense, having ben bought in good faith by ex pat brits etc. killing investment confidence.

i'm a small one man band, tbh i've noticed a trend change away from wired alarms in favour of wirless and also towards more CCTv, but not an overal slowing down.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Agreed.

Problem with self regulation is it needs backing. Until the insurance industry have a concern over unregulated systems the trend will continue.

why rely purely on the insurance industry, otherwise just seems jobs for the boys? offering better vfm & putting forward benefits of approved as a bonus, should bring rewards.

Until the regulated systems are 100% kosher, why would the insurance industry think any different.

Archived