Security Installer Community

Max Sound Level For Sounders

dfree

Pardon?

;)

112 db @ 1 metre i think, just springs to mind, don't quote me though.

i'd ring a manufacturer like Gardtec for the full national SP, but may also be affected by local by-laws where installed..

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Doubt its that low.

Do you mean the self contained battery ones or a system with buttons?

Some of the sirens are I think rated at 110 db to be legally safe, public halls common for 90 db as refference for pa kit.

I fitted one lower rated siren to a blockboard facia in an entrance recess , old bond street. when tested it was simply eye watering, so location can also seriously impact on the sound pressures.

Arfur

risco new luminar\ siren is quoted at 114db

imho if there is no statut in force, then it comes down more to personal liability.

say youi got 140db @ 100 feet, then is go's off in a court yard and for some reason don't stop, you might find yourself being sued for 'enviormental and wanton assault of the hearing senses' whatever,

if a box of fairy cakes can win 20k then darn sure some ambulance chaser will be on to it to make dosh!.

Arfur

we use klaxon prem rated 118dB @1m.

the 1 metre bit is important. can remember days when some manufacturers would put @ 3m, to pull the wool.

as for hand held, dunno. 140dB hand held is meaningless. dB is a ratio to a reference level. 50131 pt 4 gives very specific details of mounting bellboxes in order to measure acurately against that reference.

As for bellboxes 3dB increase approx = double sound at same distance though as above, its all relative.

Archived