Security Installer Community

Max Sound Level For Sounders

dfree

Doubt its that low.

Do you mean the self contained battery ones or a system with buttons?

Thanks for all your input guys. I meant hand held personal attack alarms, you know the type with a pull pin. Some products are stating a 140db rating so I wanted to find out if there was any legal maximum stated anywhere for such a device. Also I thought they were tested at 30cm not 1 Meter. Maybe the big fire alarms are tested at 1 Meter but not sure about these small devices.

afaik there is no british std for these things so would be difficult to enforce a min or max.

wonder if any personal injury claims been made against a user?

Thanks HP, I thought there might have been something in BS EN 50131-1:1997, I found this during my research and it seemed to indicate that there might be something in there relating to Personal Attack Alarms. I don't have a copy of this and can't seem to find referance to it's contents. You can buy the standard but if there's nothing in it and all I need is a number it seems like a big waste of money.

Thanks HP, I thought there might have been something in BS EN 50131-1:1997, I found this during my research and it seemed to indicate that there might be something in there relating to Personal Attack Alarms. I don't have a copy of this and can't seem to find referance to it's contents. You can buy the standard but if there's nothing in it and all I need is a number it seems like a big waste of money.

there is nothing in 50131 (2006) nor pd6662 (uk version) with regard to hand held with sounder built in.

there is nothing in 50131 (2006) nor pd6662 (uk version) with regard to hand held with sounder built in.

Thanks a lots for all your help. I'll just proceed as there is no legal spec on this. Thanks again.

I'll just proceed as there is no legal spec on this.

Didnt say there wasnt, just I dont know of any british standard (keeps peddling backwards lol...)

cant see how to enforce anything unless there is a reg/law to adhere to. how do they get on with those ear implants connected to mp3 players? user responsibilty i guess, but then a user dont aim them at someone else.

as i posted, wonder if there has ever been a personal injury claim?

Archived