Security Installer Community

Fingerprint Access Systems!

r24977

HI ALL

I have been about a Finger print access system for a very busy nursery! I am not convinced about the whole thing as I have not fitted one before but the customers is always right :hmm:

• Are they any good?
  • Are they reliable? (or am I going to be called out every other day!)
  • Will they be able to handle a lot of people at peak times?

I hope you all can enlighten me on this white man's magic :)

r24977

My God It's Full of Stars

HI ALL

I have been about a Finger print access system for a very busy nursery! I am not convinced about the whole thing as I have not fitted one before but the customers is always right :hmm:

• Are they any good?
  • Are they reliable? (or am I going to be called out every other day!)
  • Will they be able to handle a lot of people at peak times?

I hope you all can enlighten me on this white man's magic :)

Sorry all! Above should read "I have been asked about a Finger print access system" :whistle:

r24977

My God It's Full of Stars

Aim a little lower, like 'knobs r us' lol!

Not seen any convincig (to me) kit so far,

Been down this rout in tfe past, broadly speakibg it's a nursery = icky parents fingers and h/s bless them hygene issues, just makes it a tin (rusty) of worms waiting to be openned imho.

Arfur

//but then i'm mad - and have also drunk 2 glasses of plonk//

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Fitted a few. Always the same problem in the cold, takes a couple of attempts to read the finger.

Can see a nursery giving problems unless you use high end kit TBH.

Be easier to give coded/card access PC based.

It's the latest fad, fashion, big sell or whetever.

Seen it work on a couple of sites, but not what i'd call working well. All the usual reasons mentioned above make it a bad idea.

With regard to the weather. Women from the Asian sub continent are prone to having very delicate fingerprints. To get the reader to work, sensitivity has to be cranked down so far they let anyone through. Pointless exercise really.

Wpjld say i have finger print recognition on my lenovo lappy, works really well but obviously only needs to read my fimgers

I see one kit that reads th e density of the finger not the print, no idea if it wotked any good, Check Security (now ADT i think) were pushing it.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Wpjld say i have finger print recognition on my lenovo lappy, works really well but obviously only needs to read my fimgers

I see one kit that reads th e density of the finger not the print, no idea if it wotked any good, Check Security (now ADT i think) were pushing it.

Arfur

And the one on my dell is sh*te.

So, a 50% failure rate between the two.

Now, lick my finger and it lets me in. Want something like that on your front door?

Archived