Security Installer Community

Do Most Panels Change Their Circuit Polarity?

IAS

It is split. I will add that its split from now on.

making it more noticeable that it is a split would help in future - perhaps another colour?, but thats not in this 'debate'

it got generated about AIS's initial claim "all decent panels change ....." which got modified to not all decent panels and actually now its down to a very few. then into the discussion mix came the o/c pab remark about the spare hole for the magnet.

not the end of the world, the reason i've pursued this is we have many new engineers learning their craft, and we also have DIY who could be mislead to think an O/C device could generate a pab signal.

so what? well while as pro's we would not fit O/C pabs (at least i'd hope not) so its an academic discussion really working back to old techniques and as a student possibly of interest to them, the diy reader can do what they want perhaps want to use the pa output to trigger lights or run the ath for the cat whatever comes in to their mind, and be totally baffled by the incorrect info given.

we are in public area so i think we need to correct errors, the way AIS and i correct each other, weeeeeel it is simply a bit more entertaining imo ;)

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived