Security Installer Community

Do Most Panels Change Their Circuit Polarity?

IAS

no it wont.

What 'every other' panel does this paul? None of the mainstream panels change their polarity, its a hardware thing

try this - take a 9800 and short a panic zone and a normal 12hr zone - see if it sets, it won`t (polarity changed) 959, 9651 - take your pick. Should have said "like every other proper panel does" I suppose.

Not saying unapproved can't fit to a specific grade, but without the bit of paper saying it's been installed to a specific grade can you say it is?

try this - take a 9800 and short a panic zone and a normal 12hr zone - see if it sets, it won`t (polarity changed)

What happens when you short the PA zone to a tamper circuit then? Nothing?

I'm taking a 9800+ out tommorow, might be worth a try...

Trade Member

Not saying unapproved can't fit to a specific grade, but without the bit of paper saying it's been installed to a specific grade can you say it is?

have a go - let us know (either that or for 30 years we`ve been fitting PA`s in error to positive zones)*

*thats a joke, I know we havn`t, I just can`t be bothered to copy the text from an old manual.

have a go - let us know (either that or for 30 years we`ve been fitting PA`s in error to positive zones)

Was'nt having a go, just curious that's all. As I say, if I get time I'll have a gander tommorow...

Trade Member

who signs that bit of paper? why cant unapproved put reputation on the line & generate a statement (guarantee?) on computer stating fitted to G2 opX eg?

Hear what your saying, re 3rd party proof etc.. just dont recall seeing it in EN, bit like fire regs & conventional.. competent person an all...

Was always a + & - tamper loop option full 24hr, eg t & w frames etc, not sure abt 9x5x & now got me thinking abt 98's.. would like to know, you do 98, I'll do 9651..

Now gettin one of me heads...

if tis set as 24hr, does it not invert same as every other panel does?

not challenging you,

tbh never tried it on a 9800 or any other panel, but i assumed it stayed + pole or it would not be 'double pole' surely unless the tamper go's +.

bit of a 'trick' for the panel to perform just for the odd occasion, and can't see a valid reason for it personally.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Was'nt having a go, just curious that's all. As I say, if I get time I'll have a gander tommorow...

ROFL thats what I said "have a go" .............. not "are you having a go" LOL.

Archived