Security Installer Community

One Panel To Rule Them All

r24977

• 2 months later...

Interesting subject. God we've got loads of stuff knocking about. I've worked at the same place for about 12 years now (started from school) and there's 8 of us, me and the TD being there the longest. When i started we fitted Scanny 9600/9800, ADE Ulitimate Karizma + (id was the future remember) for the monitored stuff,, and the smaller scannies/ADE for bells only. Since then we fitted the full TS Menvier range, then the M range, then moved onto Galaxy. Only stuff we dont like is Guardtec, not a fan tbh!

My strongest area would be TS range of Menvier, 690/790/900+2500 (what a panel!) along with Galaxy.

Yes, my van is full of manuals :(

change name to 2500?

agree good panel, & liked 9500 meself.

assume you got cooper red & blue books in back of van then.

Got the very old grey sri (scantronic registered installer) manuals which still some how includes the programming legend to program up the old 9600's! Looks a bit worse for ware now. Yeah as also mentioned above, not sure on the M stuff, lets just say we fitted them as soon as the grading came out, and our call outs doubled over night ;) Was talking to a eng from Secom who still fit them, seem to have ironed out the quirks?

Got the very old grey sri (scantronic registered installer) manuals which still some how includes the programming legend to program up the old 9600's! Looks a bit worse for ware now. Yeah as also mentioned above, not sure on the M stuff, lets just say we fitted them as soon as the grading came out, and our call outs doubled over night ;) Was talking to a eng from Secom who still fit them, seem to have ironed out the quirks?

oh yes, grading meant headless chickens for most of us. not that we left it till last minute, just planned for year or so, then implemented plan in the last minute :'(

dont use menv that often now (unless want chrome keypads), scanny, though the 65,85,95 pretty much the same.

my van is full of manuals :(

:yes: Tell me about it!!!

I cart around a huge file which I've built up over 20+ years. Most of the systems I work on are domestic and smaller commercial, and TBH I enjoy the challenge of a call to a system I'm not familiar with!

There are some (and I won't name them here as others have already said they like 'em!!) which I dislike, BUT if they work and have been set up correctly, then won't replace them.

Regarding favourites...well, I do like the Gardtec/Eurosec stuff.

Archived