Security Installer Community

Risco Wisdom

nicknoxx

I could call an engineer but I've an engineering degree and am fairly at home with electrical, electronic and computery things so I'd like to have a go myself. I tried to download the installation instructions from the Risco website but you need to be a registered installer to log-in website. Has anyone got a link that works? I'd like main module, keypad, supplementary and troubleshooting if possible.

Thanks

If you have an engineering degree you'll be terrible at working on alarms. In fact everyone I know with a degree has very very little common sense.wink.gif

Get an engineer out and do the job properly.

If you have an engineering degree you'll be terrible at working on alarms. In fact everyone I know with a degree has very very little common sense.wink.gif

Get an engineer out and do the job properly.

Errr, you speak for yourself!

to the O/P

as one who actually fits Wisdom Panels (and having over 40 years experience in installing/servicing/selling/fixing) actual security systems, trust me when i say the engineers manual is like looking at a miniature map of the Sahara desert - while wearing a blindfold in a very dark room rolleyes.gif.

it is a very good reliable panel but it's software is highly 'yankified' in terminology, meaning it is so different in we are 2 countries separated by a common language, throw into the mix it is more a generic guide not specific to your home as the system can be configured in a multitude of scenario's, your into a very severe learning curve.

returning the panel to a default user code is not a hard task (for an engineer), but the engineers code may well be 'locked' by the previous installer co, without it prevents any programming or tweeking to your specific needs.

i fully respect your personal skills and expertise and the desire as an engineer to tamper and have ago, you have the same amount of fingers, thumbs and eyes as me, but it really is horses for courses on this panel.

our trade is not rocket science, but needs a certain amount of trade based training, attempting it yourself you may well win but imho it would be more akin and make as much sense (with all due respects to you) entering a prize winning cow to run in an egg and spoon race.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived