Security Installer Community

Blitzkrieg

Oxford

The upside to all this should be a distinct absence of any of them Bigging themselves up in the papers. Well, apart from that f*ckwit John Terry.

Oh the ignominy of it all. Has anyone actually seen a comment praising any of them?

I'm starting a new business.

Making Brass washers. There's gonna be a run on them shortly - next pay day for the England squad.

Has anyone actually seen a comment praising any of them?

Peter Crouch & Aaron Lennon didn't put a foot wrong

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

David Blaine is said to be gutted because his record of doing f'all in a box for 42 days has been broken by Wayne Rooney.

:roflmao:

The modern day TV coverage of Premiership players has lulled the English support and printed media into a self congratulatory world of believing their players to be the greatest bunch of individuals on the planet. It's the English way, and won't stop. For half a century the English nation has defined itself by it's football team...........it's the only way they can express their national identity to the world, and they will happily swallow any and all flattery that comes their way.

The clues were there long before the tournament...........Fabregas and Torres.........both lauded as damn fine examples of Johnny Foreigner, and yet neither of them first names on the team sheet for Spain. If a player isn't strutting his stuff in the EP, then he's flawed, or isn't worth worrying about. Even after yesterday, the self delusion continues, with various big names insisting that man for man, England were better than the Germans. No evidence to support it........none at all, but its the only way the English can perpetuate the myth of being the masters of the game even when once again, they've been proven to be second rate.

The endless bigging up of Frank Lampard, and numerous "points tables" in the English media claiming him to be in a different league from Bastian Schweinsteiger. Mind you, it's true...........Schweinsteiger is in a different league from Lampard, but not in a way that appeals to the English mindset.

Same with the belief that despite being a grade one moron, John Terry is the latest in the line of "none shall pass" central defenders. The reality of what John Terry is capable of is very very different.

You can go through the English squad front to back, and when asked to play as a team with no overseas players by their sides, the vast majority of them are found wanting.

Gareth Barry has long been hailed as a top flight player, but against Ozil, he was made to look like a bit of a donkey.

How about their manager? If you've had the misfortune to read the English tabloids these past six months, you'll know well enough that they've painted Capello as being the Son of God. The truth is he isn't and never has been. He's been working with players who are simply not up to it, but who have egos big enough to believe they know better.

At the end of it all, second rate hacks at the Daily Mail, The Mirror and The Sun will dictate who the next England manager will be, because their egos are as big as the players they write about, and they never ever have to justify the ******** they write in the weeks and months leading up to a tournament. English football..............it's one big circus of fools, and it isn't going to mend itself any time soon.

!

and when asked to play as a team with no overseas players by their sides, the vast majority of them are found wanting.

A lot of sense in what you write, although I do think ourt players are better than you've given them credit for ... the line I've quoted above is the most astute part of your post.

Dont get me wrong AG i like the Premiership. It is miles ahead of the dross we have to watch up here but i think the players egos and mentality are not right when pulling on the white shirt.They should have fight, spirit and more fight about them but you could tell by their faces they didnt feel right in any match. England should have an english manager like old Harry from Spurs because he would not put up with the likes of JT mouthing of etc.

Why would Cappelo play players like Gerrard out of position? You could see the Algeria where he was drifting in and was getting caught out.

Leaving Joe Cole to warm the subs bench?

I still would have taken a quick forward like Ablonglahor(spelling?) from Villa with the squad.Heskey was a waste of space.

Most of the Germans on the pitch were brought through the u21 squad. How many of Englands U21 squad have come through and cemented a place in the national team?

The set up is not right at the moment imo but it can only get better.

I will be looking forward to Scotland getting a few goals past them in the next qualifications lol! We expect defeat so a win is a bonus!

!

The modern day TV coverage of Premiership players has lulled the English support and printed media into a self congratulatory world of believing their players to be the greatest bunch of individuals on the planet. It's the English way, and won't stop. For half a century the English nation has defined itself by it's football team...........it's the only way they can express their national identity to the world, and they will happily swallow any and all flattery that comes their way.

The clues were there long before the tournament...........Fabregas and Torres.........both lauded as damn fine examples of Johnny Foreigner, and yet neither of them first names on the team sheet for Spain. If a player isn't strutting his stuff in the EP, then he's flawed, or isn't worth worrying about. Even after yesterday, the self delusion continues, with various big names insisting that man for man, England were better than the Germans. No evidence to support it........none at all, but its the only way the English can perpetuate the myth of being the masters of the game even when once again, they've been proven to be second rate.

The endless bigging up of Frank Lampard, and numerous "points tables" in the English media claiming him to be in a different league from Bastian Schweinsteiger. Mind you, it's true...........Schweinsteiger is in a different league from Lampard, but not in a way that appeals to the English mindset.

Same with the belief that despite being a grade one moron, John Terry is the latest in the line of "none shall pass" central defenders. The reality of what John Terry is capable of is very very different.

You can go through the English squad front to back, and when asked to play as a team with no overseas players by their sides, the vast majority of them are found wanting.

Gareth Barry has long been hailed as a top flight player, but against Ozil, he was made to look like a bit of a donkey.

How about their manager? If you've had the misfortune to read the English tabloids these past six months, you'll know well enough that they've painted Capello as being the Son of God. The truth is he isn't and never has been. He's been working with players who are simply not up to it, but who have egos big enough to believe they know better.

At the end of it all, second rate hacks at the Daily Mail, The Mirror and The Sun will dictate who the next England manager will be, because their egos are as big as the players they write about, and they never ever have to justify the ******** they write in the weeks and months leading up to a tournament. English football..............it's one big circus of fools, and it isn't going to mend itself any time soon.

Well said. A good summary of it all.

A lot of sense in what you write, although I do think ourt players are better than you've given them credit for ... the line I've quoted above is the most astute part of your post.

Nah, they're average. Nothing more.

Not one of them dispay skills or performance that make the opposition take careful note.

Not one of them dispay skills or performance that make the opposition take careful note.

Except Crouch ....... and he was on the bench !!!

For half a century the English nation has defined itself by it's football team...........it's the only way they can express their national identity to the world, and they will happily swallow any and all flattery that comes their way.

Much of your post I'd agree with but take exception to the above.

It's only these past few world cups the cross of st george as come to the fore, and as a lad in 66 my wcw poster was union.

the 37 years membership to eu has given us increasing confidence to find our feet without the worry of lettin the union down. these past 50 years since inception of the commonwealth, confidence to loose the guilt of empire. we just havnt accepted it all yet.

to judge a nation by actions of a few halfwits and entourage smacks of racism.

post-17665-088357000 1277828906_thumb.gi

Archived