Security Installer Community

Wireless Cctv Intercom Help

Oxford

I have a job coming up that requires a CCTV intercom mounted on a gate pillar, the gate pillar already has mains power for lighting and electric gates.

The house is about 20 meters away and the client doesn't want cables run to the house (it would be a tricky run).

Is there a reasonably prices wireless kit anyone could recommend?

or any other ideas how to approach this?

It doesn't need to have electric release for the gate as this is done via a remote.

Thanks.

I have a job coming up that requires a CCTV intercom mounted on a gate pillar, the gate pillar already has mains power for lighting and electric gates.

The house is about 20 meters away and the client doesn't want cables run to the house (it would be a tricky run).

Is there a reasonably prices wireless kit anyone could recommend?

or any other ideas how to approach this?

It doesn't need to have electric release for the gate as this is done via a remote.

Thanks.

Strange i just quoted this job this week. Only i quoted to wire the trick bit, LOL

Customers!

you dicing with problems with radio cameras unless you spend big, forget te maplin cheapies as many taxis use them, and it will pick up their images.

the intercom could be mains linked as long as the house is on the same phase as the gate supply, but you could also use a gsm gate speaker as a better option. it has a payg sim and dials the house numb over gsm or another mobile, when you press the button, plug in and play virtually (think James sells one version of them).

depends on the budget, but perhaps you can us an IP camera over WiFi, that range should be ok if you get the WIFi access point/Receiver near as possible to the gate.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Thanks for pointing out you spend a bit more for a secure CCTV wifi system. Rather than a Maplins 50 quid special.

As for a linked or Telecoma system it costs. A Daitum system runs off batteries. Use rechargeable and the costs get low for long term use.

Also the handset can be carried about the property obviously voice only. The Camera can be set into the TV distribution and pull up a picture when the button is pushed ( Scart Pin 8 will activate a pop up screen.)

Thanks for pointing out you spend a bit more for a secure CCTV wifi system. Rather than a Maplins 50 quid special.

lol!

i'm not a total cheapskate or always at veriance, i'll will/do use expensive kit too, just don't see the need for recommending hi cost kit when its for general purpose use on a joe soap domestic.

not everyone buys a dyson, being perfectly happy with a £15 ASDA jobby, not wrong accepting but not expecting longevity, but in this case (according to the RA ;) ) needs better quality kit rejection to avoid interference imo.

get it from my dad, as a young kid i always wanted a dog, he could not afford to buy me one (pause for ahh's) so he got me an Ant, being only a kid i was dumb did nt know the difference, i called him 'Spot'.

as you do, being a responsible dog owner i taught it to come, stay, roll over, sit, even carried a plastic bag to pick up his little accidents with, and i was very happy and fulfilled child with my cheap solution.

Arfur

//until my sister trod on Spot - and i've never been the same since//

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived