Security Installer Community

Seeking Advice For Wirefree Cctv Solution

BBSS

Hi Guys.

I'm looking at a possible job that's coming up and having been to site I have addressed the main obstacle.

The client has a stand alone unit away from the house that's set back 50m from the main driveway entrance to the premises. I need to cover this main entrance and also provide decent IR lighting.

The recording equipment will be inside the main house and there's no means of cabling across the open driveway.

Is there a wireless camera that will cover the entrance 50m away and provide adequate illumination? There is an adjacent outbuilding where an IR lamp could be mounted.

The other option is to use a wireless data transmitter/receiver and cable the chosen camera to this and pick the signal up on the house.

Any advice is greatly appreciated

Regards

never been able to find a lowish cost wireless link that works

id use a wireless IP camera

That's the thing I can't afford to have the transmission dropping in and out.

Any recommendations?

The distance from the building the camera will be mounted on to the subject area is 50m. Ideally prefere to have some form of intergrated IR if not a stand alone IR lamp can be used

That's the thing I can't afford to have the transmission dropping in and out.

Any recommendations?

The distance from the building the camera will be mounted on to the subject area is 50m. Ideally prefere to have some form of intergrated IR if not a stand alone IR lamp can be used

Wireless IP cameras with IR are available but tend to be small devices designed for small areas such as a room. To then get one capable of looking at the area and distance you need with wireless is going some. Look at having the lighting seperate.

there are a few as said with built in ir depends on budget really. for reasonable money i like the ycam units but the axis units have the best picture for mainstream units. depends on how your going to display / record really

beauty with wireless ip is all the kit thats available. also it much much more secure than the chinese cheapo wireless links

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

1st off, do you have mains power at the camera location?

if so, while dedicated IP cameras have reduced in price, you could use a very small Gtec or SystemQ Alien DVR simply as a remote web server, and then you will have a vast range of cameras from which to choose from, even PTZ's.

views are then accessed via internet over an ADSL provider (using DYNDDNS instead of a fixed IP).

not over sure about the dongle idea in this scenario. you would needto do the sums as with a dongle, the ongoing data costs and 'fair usage' data capping (if constantly viewed) might be an issue, and well above the costs of a regular BT line rental and ADSL IP costs, but perhaps Paul will enlighten us?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived