Security Installer Community

Hard Wired Or Remote

Got another quote for a Eurosec panel alarm with 3 sensors 2 door trip switches and 2 alarm boxes (1 dummy) for £400 + vat.

I have seen these same panels on other sites for £350 + vat for similar standard 3 bed installations.

Is it ok to have the panel next to the mains fuse box, with the kepad by the front door?

Is the kepad wireless or wired to the main panel?

I don't know if the Eurocell is G2 ie. insurance approved.

Should i ask for a Galaxay G2-20 instead for the same money?.

tbh cpl8 (which is a wired keypad) as said is the bottom end of the market, but very feisty for the money if you only want a local alarm

far better value imo to spend a few more quids and have the Risco G490 panel, this can be upgraded to radio detection with an expander. also has a built in Digital Communicator (in case you ever need to go for monitored or Police response) and a 'Vo-Com' which is a basic voice dialer.

but you have spent so long wringing your hands to save money over specs, you could have been broken in to during this time, and lost far more.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

until you need to isloate a circuit, read the log, change the user code etc, etc

Dont disagree and we dont use it anymore but for its money and its market i think its fine. I do think there is better but there isnt a major reason not to use one IMHO.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

the 490 is a closer competitor to the G2-20 but the galaxy is a better panel IMHO.

But seriously the CP8 is a fine little panel, unless you need the features dont buy em.

has the G2-20 a digi and a voice dialer built in?

is wise to suggest a panel with complexity likely to be outside the range of the o/p to comprehend?

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

G2-20 has digi, sms, sia 0-3, single door access control, proper wireless, 20 zones. But no, it doesnt have a built in low security voice dialler ;)

QFA

The keypad is OK, same as this just without the G-Tag sign.

keypad-490X%20New-b.jpg

Archived