Security Installer Community

Batteries And Accumulators Directive

Bristol City Council Guidance on items acceptable for household recycling collections:-

My customers and I have recycled our own SLA batteries in this way and we have never had any refusal to accept them or complaints after the fact.

ah that makes everything okay then :no:

Guest RJBsec

Makes it okay for me yes, they run a recycling facility which includes the door-to-door collection of batteries.

If they don't care that they don't measure up to your rules on battery disposal I don't see any reason why anyone should expect me to.

Show me anywhere where it says that my customers cannot recycle their batteries through the council approved recycling collection and show me where my council are acting illegally in carrying out those collections.

lol

lack of sleep is defetly an issue. but i reakon its gonna get worse.

my point paul is i think your mistaken etc.

i feel there is an intrepation issue on wether alarm batteries are industrial or portable. i also cant see how the transportation of such batteries differ. I can see there may be a difference regarding leaving them on site, but as its not something we do i havnt done asny real research on it. I would suggest that rather then you keep saying it plain wrong you give us all the benefit of saying why? else it sounds like an opinion rather than fact.

a Slightly tired james

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

alarm batteries have to be returned to a place of purchase, no options.

You sure about that?

... and assuming you are correct (which I doubt) ...... are you sure it's an alarm companies responsibility to transport the used battery?

James, what is the BSIA view on removing/leaving WEEE items and used batteries?

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

i cant publish non public bsia docs, but its very very similar to my view.

however paul may be correct on this not leaving them on site, im sure he will quote the relevant bit etc.

When he does you may have to alter your procedure.

I did think that under weee the reason domestic clients cant be charged for weee collection is because all producers have to state what % of their product will end up in that market. they are then taxed accordingly. this then pays towards the tips recycling centres. that is why they are so funny about commercial waste.

id of thought a domestic client could take any weee that was in their home, professionally installed or not. Whenever i have had any work done at home (carpets, new rads, etc) the old stuff is left for me to dispose of. Not saying that is the correct way though.

When paul quotes that reg then i think there is mileage in using different batteries that are classed as 'portable' if 'industrial' are that problematic to transport.

lol

lack of sleep is defetly an issue. but i reakon its gonna get worse.

my point paul is i think your mistaken etc.

i feel there is an intrepation issue on wether alarm batteries are industrial or portable. i also cant see how the transportation of such batteries differ. I can see there may be a difference regarding leaving them on site, but as its not something we do i havnt done asny real research on it. I would suggest that rather then you keep saying it plain wrong you give us all the benefit of saying why? else it sounds like an opinion rather than fact.

a Slightly tired james

exactly mate, your having a non argument with yourself. I`ve told you why. We are the "user" of alarm batteries NOT the person who happens to own the house they are fitted in.

i cant publish non public bsia docs, but its very very similar to my view.

however paul may be correct on this not leaving them on site, im sure he will quote the relevant bit etc.

When he does you may have to alter your procedure.

I did think that under weee the reason domestic clients cant be charged for weee collection is because all producers have to state what % of their product will end up in that market. they are then taxed accordingly. this then pays towards the tips recycling centres. that is why they are so funny about commercial waste.

id of thought a domestic client could take any weee that was in their home, professionally installed or not. Whenever i have had any work done at home (carpets, new rads, etc) the old stuff is left for me to dispose of. Not saying that is the correct way though.

When paul quotes that reg then i think there is mileage in using different batteries that are classed as 'portable' if 'industrial' are that problematic to transport.

james, why do you keep coming back to transporting them, that isnt a problem, leaving hazardus (sic) waste on site is the issue.

we spend considerable time writting our co. waste policy this was one of the things it highlighted.

I`ll have a look on Monday, see if she noted the reg numbers etc.

exactly mate, your having a non argument with yourself. I`ve told you why. We are the "user" of alarm batteries NOT the person who happens to own the house they are fitted in.

Are we? Surly that only applies when you dont sell the system ie if you sell something then it isnt yours anymore?

james, why do you keep coming back to transporting them, that isnt a problem, leaving hazardus (sic) waste on site is the issue.

we spend considerable time writting our co. waste policy this was one of the things it highlighted.

I`ll have a look on Monday, see if she noted the reg numbers etc.

Please do

Sorry i thought you were saying you had to have a waste carriers licence. Dont know why i thought that.

I am curious as to when it becomes hazardous waste, and how that affects things

James

Archived