Security Installer Community

Batteries And Accumulators Directive

Are we? Surly that only applies when you dont sell the system ie if you sell something then it isnt yours anymore?

Please do

Sorry i thought you were saying you had to have a waste carriers licence. Dont know why i thought that.

I am curious as to when it becomes hazardous waste, and how that affects things

James

James (and I dont mean this patronisingly) when you`ve finished playing with the babies and got back to work find this stuff out, it isn`t just arguing about it a forum. We`ve spent a lot of hours and a lot of money getting our "waste policy" in line with the law.

start here - http://www.businesslink.gov.uk/bdotg/action/detail?itemId=1079427687&type=RESOURCES

so, in normal circumstances that would eliminate user changeable and portable then?

Not at all a battery 'can' be replaced by the user. Granted we tend to do it, but that wouldnt alter the type of battery.

Im not arguing for or against portable but

A portable battery or battery pack is one which is sealed, can be hand-carried without

difficulty, and is neither an automotive nor industrial battery.

An industrial battery or battery pack is one which is:

(i) designed exclusively for industrial or professional uses;

(ii) used as a source of power for propulsion in an electric vehicle;

(iii) unsealed, but is not an automotive battery; or

(iv) sealed, but is not a portable battery.

The batts we use are sealed lead acid batterys, can be hand carried and isnt an automotice battery. They are not designed to be used exclusivly in a certain panel, not in this case used to power an electric vehicles propulsion, again IS sealed.

To me a sla used by use matches to portable definition and does not match the industrial definition.

Also cubit nowhere in the defintion does it state how difficult it can or cant be to replace the battery.

James (and I dont mean this patronisingly) when you`ve finished playing with the babies and got back to work find this stuff out, it isn`t just arguing about it a forum. We`ve spent a lot of hours and a lot of money getting our "waste policy" in line with the law.

start here - http://www.businessl...&type=RESOURCES

Paul

I know you dont, and im sure you have spent money. But that doesnt mean its correct does it?

Im also hoping it isnt lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Sorry andy, i dont get what you mean?

You seem to be hanging on to the hope that the batteries used in our industry are portable, not commercial/industrial.

The said directive nails it.

Andy

Im not hanging onto that hope at all.

The act doesnt state that our batts are industrial however i will agree that they probably are.

But my point has always been even if they are industrial how does that alter anything. As has been agreed there is no issue with transportation, the only issue remaining seems to be in a domestic can the batt be left for the client to dispose of? I dont know either way. I dont know as its not what we do. My question is why cannot it not be done?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived