Security Installer Community

Disabled Wc - Alarm

IAS

clarify - for persons or the blockage (disabled WC)

sorry Paul, could not resist - gets hat on way out.

google radi nurse call, as these kits cater for W.C. DDA systems

or google 'Safelink Services', i know they supply wired nurse/warden call lkit etc etc based in Southgate. North London.

if they don't do a radio kit they will likely know who will, and tell you who.

good people

reg

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

clarify - for persons or the blockage (disabled WC)

sorry Paul, could not resist - gets hat on way out.

google radi nurse call, as these kits cater for W.C. DDA systems

or google 'Safelink Services', i know they supply wired nurse/warden call lkit etc etc based in Southgate. North London.

if they don't do a radio kit they will likely know who will, and tell you who.

good people

reg

Arfur

thanks Alan.

pleasure,

be warned though, 2 years back when i quoted for radio nurse call, the dedicated produced radio kit prices make you smart a bit,. so don't whatever you do, price by guessed amount.

some insist on their engineer to commission - ain't not cheap, if not aware you can catch a serious cold.

regs

Arf

Alternately you could use a traditional hard wired kit and put a universal txer and rxer on it

or even a dialer we did that at Brighton university

will keep that in mind, cheers

Alternately you could use a traditional hard wired kit and put a universal txer and rxer on it

or even a dialer we did that at Brighton university

be wary, at one time you could get away with a modified bell push i.e. a sticker behind it, but think they have a BSIA standard now

(blimey - get me!)

Arfur

might be a bs standard Arf. The onlt people that have to comply with BSIA standards are BSIA members

i think you might have to be BSIA member, but that might only be for public or council type etc jobs.

as with fire, tend to avoid nurse call these days (the refuges think i'm mental, won't let me out).

just can't bring up any accurate facts from memory, might be something said by chance contacting a supplier or rep, and its just stuck.

Arfur

Actually you only have to install to a standard if someone has specified that you you do, however, Arf you do have a point. I did mean that the wireless device or dialer would be secondary to the buzzer and light above door this would make it an ancillary device and therefore does not need to be compliant. At the end of the day it comes down to risk, if there is a possibility that the disabled local sounder would not be heard or seen for several hours then the compliant wireless kit should be used, and if the local sounder will be heard/seen fairly soon after it has activated the ancillary equipment is fine, as it is an add on to the real alarm.

Archived