Security Installer Community

Disabled Wc - Alarm

IAS

I Done a job a few years back where they wanted a mimic of all the disabled toilet alarms at the reception desk, it was a four storey building with two disabled toilets on each floor so wiring all the way back to reception was not a viable option!

so what we done was interfaced them with the fire alarm, we installed a switch monitor at each disabled wc and through the cause and effect on the panel (kentec syncro) we switched a output unit which in turn switced a led in the mimic panel!

Just an idea!

I Done a job a few years back where they wanted a mimic of all the disabled toilet alarms at the reception desk, it was a four storey building with two disabled toilets on each floor so wiring all the way back to reception was not a viable option!

so what we done was interfaced them with the fire alarm, we installed a switch monitor at each disabled wc and through the cause and effect on the panel (kentec syncro) we switched a output unit which in turn switced a led in the mimic panel!

Just an idea!

do these things have relay outputs?

to be fair we didn`t want to get involved but the customers insists we do it

bit of a drift sorry but funny,

few years back, i was asked originally as a subcontract to do the whole thing,, but being too busy, so was then asked to oversee the last stages.

gear was a personal attack system being installed into a probation office, the spec was for one push, mounted under the desk in 20 interview rooms, 1st push was a warn of a likely problem, and managers would wait outside, second push come in and prevent a murder.

because i was not available, God only knows why they engaged a Fire Alarm company, who installed the a Gents 3900 and 2 x repeater panelss. for those who don't know they are enormous, installed by the fire alarm co.

they assured the company i was sub to their kit could do the job, i'm not as easily convinced by salesmen, so very suspicious i kept asking for the spec on the buttons for the desks. eventually a sample turns up, and its a bleeding massive switch i'd say 12" high type used on heavy machinery, apart from hiding this thing and leaving room for knees, it had a sequential operation, 1 = normal, 2 = sw1 and 3 = sw2.

what they had not worked out was, 1st warn on say monday morning fine, if nor reset a second Hi Risk warn could happened say thursday pm (there would be no pre warn) - woops!

ended up using self reseting PAB's, i designed and made interfaces to sort the expander inputs which auto reset back to stand-by after 20 mins. and improved the spec to if button held for 3 seconds staright toHi Risk warn

got to be said, having been treated with near total disrespect initially by him, i really enjoyed sticking it to and the power i had over that dick of a fire systems salesman.

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

do these things have relay outputs?

to be fair we didn`t want to get involved but the customers insists we do it

Yes

but if its an addressable panel you will need loop i/o units.

Would it not be better to use the required call units onto wireless intruder gear?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Yes

but if its an addressable panel you will need loop i/o units.

Would it not be better to use the required call units onto wireless intruder gear?

was the call unit I was asking about, I`ll send the lad to have a look (he should be able to manage that)

Archived