Security Installer Community

Redcare Takeovers -

IAS

6 members have voted

1. 1. When you`ve lost a site do you -

• play fair and release it back to the ARC
    • provide the URN and line number on request
    • cancel it and pretend your big and clever

happened again to us today, outgoing "alarm" company throws it`s toys and cancels a site instead of releasing it.

Luckily in this case we had pre warned the ARC and someone was switched on enough to stop the cancellation, question is (and honest answers guys) do you play ball or sulk too?

Paul.

happened again to us today, outgoing "alarm" company throws it`s toys and cancels a site instead of releasing it.

Luckily in this case we had pre warned the ARC and someone was switched on enough to stop the cancellation, question is (and honest answers guys) do you play ball or sulk too?

Paul.

Ive never lost a redcare (I look after my customers far to well) but if I did Id see no point in making it harder, after all they definitely wont come back to me if I made it hard to leave.

Paul.

Chubb did this to us last year.

Customer gave 3 months notice to terminate contract on renewal, Chubb canceled right away, i roll up the week of termination to install the dualcom and apply for the URN transfer only to find it was canceled 3 months ago... Managed to get the URN back though.

companies obstructing by being awkward over relinquishing lines its a really bad, i'm astonished it would go on in decent companies and surely frowned on by inspectorates,

thought this type of behaviour in our industry would had disappeared by now, but perhaps not.

not sure what happens now, but some companies i worked for, we were told to cut all the cables on any rip outs to ensure the incoming company who likely quoted to re-use the cables could not. given the client usually had paid for so owned the cabling, and rented the controls and detectors, it was their property, meaning effectively we were being encouraged to commit criminal vandalism, personally i was not so petty other guys reveled in it..

that client canceled under and within the terms of their agreed contract, if so if with any sense of honour there should be no difficulty intentionally put in place. so to find they had cancelled on application, and not on the 3 month cessation when they have stated 3 month notice, is surely in contavention of their part of that contract?

it don't bother me other than to be appalled at such alleged behaviour if true, imo crackers what ever way you look at it.

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

as long as the cancellation is done right, ie normal notice (contract says 3 months but we accept 1) then yes we let them go. Only because if the customer wants to leave for whatever reason they want to leave. If we lost them on a service issue then its our fault, sometimes ots on price and sometimes we get them back. But we treat as we expect to be treated. To be fair most takeovers are pretty slick dont usually have an issue. However if we do i tend to give someone i know a call and then its fine. Honestly dont try and stop the outgoing, rarly have an issue on the incoming.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Play fair, you know thats how you want to be treated.

Although the majority of Aunty and Daisy ones were always hard work to get URN released.

We avoid taking over Redcares as getting the line released is a pain most of the time, we normally stick a dualcom in.

As for URN's GMP are good about that to be fair, they tend to know if the other firm is taking the piss. Had an issue with a takeover in staffs once, police wouldn't release it for a while.

As for outgoing, not had much of it yet, but would always let them go as long as they stuck to the terms and didn't owe any £££.

Archived