Security Installer Community

Help A Lost Sole Trader Starting Out

Oxford

Yep .... when I went self employed the first thing I missed was not being able to turn to my boss when things went wrong or when I'd done something very good. There was nobody there and it took some getting used to.

when working i don't suffer fools easily, what ever people think of me i really can fault find.

i had different set of problems, guys above not a real clue, my supers and managers scarred kackless, they would be found 'wanting' so did not pass on when i'd sorted out trouble jobs on 1st attend, they could not sort out after going 3/4 handed 6th time, just took all the credit as though they had.

thas life, usually the most useless that get kicked up stairs

Arfur

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Yep .... when I went self employed the first thing I missed was not being able to turn to my boss when things went wrong or when I'd done something very good. There was nobody there and it took some getting used to.

How queer I never really thought about that until now, maybe its because when things went wrong my bosses turned to me LOL

felt the euphoria from at last being able to do what i really could do, no witless knob looking over my shoulder.

i lost count when i've refused to be time limited on a job, especially if had 'bounced' after a visit.

imo highly professionally embarrassing making the next visit after a so called colleague had messed up, let alone me - i'd be dam sure if i signed the docket off, its fixed - end of.

so don't miss relying on anyone - because i couldn't tongue.gif

Arfur

imo, even working for a big company, you need 3 years minimum on installations, plus 4+ years on service to truly be called a fairly versatile engineer in either field.

good grounding in electronics is always very valuable and helps your progress, but no matter how wonderful you are (or not) with the theory/design , it simply takes that sort of time just to see the variety of jobs and consequential faults, fully understand the causes to trace and correct properly.

Arfur

Archived