Security Installer Community

Insurance

Guest cmcfadden

I'd be interested in exactly what insurances one needs to cover themselfs as a one man band, so to speak?

a lot of the people on this site seem to be self employed or employers, so are good people to comment on this.

Effectively, the same insurances as the more established companies. Only difference would be Employers liability and perhaps the numbers of staff covered.

Effectively, the same insurances as the more established companies. Only difference would be Employers liability and perhaps the numbers of staff covered.

Even one man band could be ltd co (wife, co director eg) in which case you need employers liability - keep paperwork for 40 yrs etc.

Even one man band could be ltd co (wife, co director eg) in which case you need employers liability - keep paperwork for 40 yrs etc.

Indeed, i was meaning that hence the reference to numbers involved.

you only need one director now AFAIK anyway, othwise i better go and find another lol.

you only need one director now AFAIK anyway, othwise i better go and find another lol.

You proberbly right (we aint ltd) used to be 2 Diectors or 1 + co sec last time I looked. Been looking at changing to ltd partnership cos every other ad on tv at the mo seems to be how to sue my backside :ninja:

You proberbly right (we aint ltd) used to be 2 Diectors or 1 + co sec last time I looked. Been looking at changing to ltd partnership cos every other ad on tv at the mo seems to be how to sue my backside :ninja:

Thats all its about for me, just to risky otherwise.

Insurance requirements:

Sole trader, no staff:

Public liability

With staff:

Public liability & employers liability

Advisable (and mandatory if approved):

Public liability & employers liability & efficacy cover

.... I'm not sure if efficacy is required for fire. We've got it for everything.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

<br>Insurance requirements:<br><br>Sole trader, no staff:<br>Public liability<br><br>With staff:<br>Public liability & employers liability<br><br>Advisable (and mandatory if approved):<br>Public liability & employers liability & efficacy cover<br><br>.... I'm not sure if efficacy is required for fire. We've got it for everything.<br>

Thank you. Thats all I was asking was for some to say exactly what was needed. So just to clarify, public liability and efficacy and thats it? Unless like my window cleaner who has insurance to cover himself for sickness and hospitalisation etc etc.

Archived