Security Installer Community

Galaxy Dimension - Wiring Pirs

It is poss to put 4 detectors on one 8 core all on there own zone with tamper as well. I would not advise it though.

I make that 6 detectors, you ain't rough enough.

Would never do it except when needs must, but when you think it's not that bad on a Galaxy where the zones use the neg as a common. Not as bad as sending a pos back to an Optima/etc anyway...

Trade Member

Anybody still make a panel with ID biscuits ? Could always put the Galaxy on ebay............ :whistle:

Castle Care-Tech Euro panel is very good with id bicuits. Euro panel is a great bit of kit imo. :bruce_h4h:

Castle Care-Tech Euro panel is very good with id bicuits. Euro panel is a great bit of kit imo. :bruce_h4h:

You can go ID on the Texecom premier!

But i would go radio on the galaxy "good stuff", as single wire return is not great on any panel.

cheers

Where does it all end eh?-one could go for zone 'doubling' as in the CPX etc or ID format-the means to use as little wiring as possible are out there!-I still prefer 'proper' wiring IMHO-easier diagnostics etc. :whistle:

Richard.

hum one wire is problem, you could of done with it wired in star so one wire to each device, if your use'ing 6 core that will give you 4 devices on one cable

red=12v

black=-

blue=device 1 second core to neg

yellow=device 2 second core to neg

green=device 3 second core to neg

wight=device 4 second core to neg

this is ruff though

id would be better in this case, castle has best kit for this easyer for self install, touch keypad is more expensive but is good kit

castle euro one would do what you want.

galaxy dimention can only have 2x1k resistors on each zone inless you change resistor settings. also if you have each device on one zone you could only have one zone type for all devices on it so if entry zone needed you could have a problem, also if it gose off witch device went off and were?

hope this helps any questons just ask

haha yea accenta wired eol lol about 330ohm to pos ;) or 4k7/1k/1k/2k2 linked together or some thing like that, god that was a mess that one works fine now though

Gardtec panel with id card maybe?? we had problems recently tryin to get the texecom premiers to work on id, and tech support just blame the biscuits and say"we dont make them so its not our fault". Gardtec works fine tho from my limited experience

Archived