Security Installer Community

Galaxy Dimension - Wiring Pirs

Hi again,

I have a new galaxy dimension and putting it together gradually. Tonight I have started to draw out how I should wire multiple pirs from one cable line(put in by builders when house was built so I cant do a zone per PIR). The cable line goes in series to each of the downstair rooms.

Can I just ask the experts on this site if my wiring makes sense:

Firstly, prerequisites - the galaxy is a new g3 with touchcenter and so I want to use its default zone wiring(1k double-balanced with fault monitoring via a 3k resistor) as I understand this is the best method to wire a secure galaxy zone.

Secondly, PIRs - I have bought Bosch blueline pet PIRs. (must say they look very good so thanks for previous recommendation with these PIRs)

ok, wiring - this is how is have drawn on paper a multiple pir off one line(one zone on panel):

From Panel Zone(1) to first PIR Tamper(in)

Tamper(in) to Tamper(out)

Tamper(out) to Alarm(in) using 1k resistor

Alarm(in) to Alarm(out) using another 1k resistor

Alarm(out) to next PIR Tamper(in)

and so on until end of line where Alarm(out) from end PIR goes to 0V\Com on Panel.

ok wiring?

if so, where do the 3k fault resistors go? please be kind to me!!

much appreciated.

How many cores are in the cable fitted by the builders? If its six then you can safely wire two powered independant zones per cable, if eight, then three. Following your wiring:

Tamper(out) to Alarm(in) using 1k resistor

Alarm(in) to Alarm(out) using another 1k resistor

and so on until end of line where Alarm(out) from end PIR goes to 0V\Com on Panel.

Do not use the 1k resistor across the first zone tamper. Use it only on the last one, i.e. :

Tamper(out) to Alarm(in)

Alarm(in) to Alarm(out) using 1k resistor

and so on until end of line where tamper in then tamper out, using 1k resistor into Alarm(in) and using another 1k resistor into Alarm(out) from end PIR goes to 0V\Com on Panel.

I think that reads right .......

No!-If you've got 8 core 'daisied' between detectors you can put up to 3 devices on those cables-and use the correct EOL wiring-ie resistors in each device to correctly monitor for alarm/tamper conditions.

Any others will need new cables run to achieve the same.

Richard.

Guest old-hand
It is poss to put 4 detectors on one 8 core all on there own zone with tamper as well. I would not advise it though.

Aunty trick???????????

Or subby get out of Dodge Town ASAP ......................

Archived