Security Installer Community

Twitter

Have to agree, not into FB or Twitter.

Another pet hate is when a friend sends a e-mail and it is CC`ed to all and sundry, if I wanted others to see my addy I would publish it!

seems we are on the same page here,

i take the trouble to clean off all the previous a/d's and company gumf before forwarding on. my joke emails when pasesd on tend to go and come from a set group of friends, but even if you blind cc you still have to have one main name to start off with.

before social networks really got started, getting junk fax's was a big issue with me. if i could find the fax number that sent it, i to wind up a doc in word in larg text size exsplainining repeatedly just how much i do not want them to fax me again - and send it 30 - 50 times, delayed it to go out 8:30 on a friday night (free week end calls on my plan), tack was to empty their machines paper tray, and all over the floor with any luck, and fill the buffer so no more faxes could be received chocking the business salse feed, when they reloaded the paper it would then spew the fax buffer.

when it worked i generally knew from getting a highly annoyed phone call - revenge is bliss!

now seems the tack is to harvest email addresses

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

i reakon people said the same about the telephone then the mobile then email then sms.... etc etc.

imo its a modern communication method. use it or dont. im not a big face book user but if i had more time i reakon i would be. everyone else seems to be on it all the time.

Yeah, sado's with no life

Yeah, sado's with no life

lol!,

i prefer to have some choice, but admitted modern comms via these sites means you have far less control over the info given out to those who you don't know.

people, especially children in their innocence or stupidity, often give away very sensitive persona information. and there's been a recent case of a girl jailed for persecuting another via facebook, even with persistent threats to kill her.

just makes me wonder why many are so willingly subjecting themselves to the possibility of this kind of behavior, which can be perpetrated easily, have horrific effects on the victims while the instigator can be safely anywhere in the world.

for me, i belong to several PTW and Tech forums. while bad behavior can still happen, most forums will nip the more serious incidents in in the bud, and i know at least another member having an unjust pop at me for what ever reason, won't get to tell or embarrass me to all my family and/or close friends.

regs

Arfur Mo

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

Archived