Security Installer Community

Fire Detectors For A Domestic

Could you recommend a make of detector for a domestic to go with a G2-44 panel? What have you used which has had good relability?

I am in the process of reading up on different detector types and how they should be installed.

Purpose is a peace of mind thing, so that I can be notified if somethings goes snap crackle pop.

cheers

We use Scantronic M12. They are selectable, heat, opto, rate of rise etc. So one does all so to speak. Also have used texecom Exodus in the past, which are selectable also & tex do eng support to GP.

Thanks guys, from a practical point of view the Scantronic sounds great. Looking at those and the Meviers then.

cheers

ETA OK I see the Scantronic/Menvier is one and the same thing. That's that sorted then :D

not sure on the others mentioned here, havent used them, i have hockiki conventional detectors using a conversion base, good size, well proven detector and had no false alarms.

probably more a matter of personal choice though.

ps. i admit i like the sound of the multi sensor as mentioned above

m12 here and seen a base to swap with celling light rose that gives smoke+emg light+output for alarm dono how good it is but looked good smoke unit though on site dose not say about alarm link but in book it dose might need more investigation

on reading not linkable to int alarm though dose say in catalogue so stick to m12 me thinks

i did fit one of these 12v smoke on the landing as it has sounder in it and relay for alarm though if you link sounder in to fire output will triger relay so on log it will come up after first firezone

Archived