Security Installer Community

Veritas 8 - How To Change Zone To Entry/guard

Hello Everyone,

My front door which had magnetic door contacts was changed today to a uPVC type. The front door was set as Zone 1 - Entry/Exit and is not functional. However, I have a hall PIR which is Zone 2 - Guard.

Can someone advise as how to program Zone 2 as entry/exit for the time being, until I decide what to do with Zone 1. I would like the Hall PIR to allow me a few seconds to disarm it.

I have the User and engineer codes available.

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

Hello Everyone,

My front door which had magnetic door contacts was changed today to a uPVC type. The front door was set as Zone 1 - Entry/Exit and is not functional. However, I have a hall PIR which is Zone 2 - Guard.

Can someone advise as how to program Zone 2 as entry/exit for the time being, until I decide what to do with Zone 1. I would like the Hall PIR to allow me a few seconds to disarm it.

I have the User and engineer codes available.

Any help/advice will be appreciated.

Kind Regards

I would assume that the hall PIR is more likely set to Inhibited Entry rather than Guard. Did you have to walk through this PIR after opening the front door before reaching the keypad?

I douby you have access to the engineer code for the alarm? With out this you cannot easily change any of the engineer settings.

It is strongly advised to retain a contact on the entry/exit door. I would be looking to re-instate this rather than altering anything else.

Email : martin@askthetrades.co.uk

agreed you really need your contact back. You might be able to reprogram it but if you get it wrong you may get a bit lost.

rewiring the circuits is an option but again ideally you should have that contact reenabled so its pretty academic

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Gentlemen,

Thank you all for your input.

The reason why I was dithering on the door magnetic contacts, was because when the old frame and door was removed, all that was left were the wires . These had been cut by the tradesmen when they realised there was a hard wiring system to the old door. I now have six wires exposed , two each for alarm and tamper and two more for what - i am not sure.

I will go along with reinstating the switches. However, the guarantee on the door will be infringed if I drill holes to secure the contact switches, and I would appreciate some guidance as to whether good quality adhesive contacts are available.

Regards Louisc

The amount of actual cores used for the contact could vary-depends on the panel and configuration-IMHO if the company installing the doors had any substance about them they would have realised that an alarm contact is an alarm contact and done/suggested a reasonable course to take to sort it!.

To sort the problem now will either take a lot of trial an error on your part ie hazarding a guess on the wiring and trying the permutations available or getting an engineer in and sorting it in no time at all.

Regarding guarantee on a door or window, the normal method of fixing a contact is via two very small screws which in no way should invalidate a warranty as the only 'sealed' bit on a door or window is the actual glass unit itself ( and if you put a screw into the glass you'd know about it!).

I would have said it isn't the window companies responsibility to do anything with the contact. They could even have refused to take it off the old door & frame.

Getting an alarm company in to fit the contact to the new door is really part of the whole process ... and they will know how to do it right.

My advise: Don't risk your security or damaging your new, expensive door by attempting this job yourself.

... oh, and if you decide to follow the earlier post about how to re-programme zone 2 as entry exit, it is wrong .... and other programming options may need to be changed as well.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

I would have said it isn't the window companies responsibility to do anything with the contact. They could even have refused to take it off the old door & frame.

Getting an alarm company in to fit the contact to the new door is really part of the whole process ... and they will know how to do it right.

My advise: Don't risk your security or damaging your new, expensive door by attempting this job yourself.

... oh, and if you decide to follow the earlier post about how to re-programme zone 2 as entry exit, it is wrong .... and other programming options may need to be changed as well.

I agree!

Archived