Security Installer Community

Control Panels With Sms Notification

Terry

coopers home link 75 Grade 2 panel has fobs +tags+codes sends text to mobile,and has wire fee smoke detectors good panel but bell is wire free and need to change batts every year. but allround a good panel (I think )

www.AllanMoncrieffAlarms.com

yes it is.

PD6662 is not a police response document, it is a uk document for EN50131. Any piece of equipment claiming compliance to en50131 will meet pd6662 also. You may be talking DD243 which is the std for confirmation (police response basically) but i would assume that the ion is dd243:2004 compliant also.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

hum galixy sounds expensive for txt my euro dont cost me a penny i dont know how but im on cheep post office line rental only deal and its free :whistle: and digi card for it is only like extra

yes that is the right unit, but in garderners its about the same price as galixy, all though not sure how much galixy sms module is? dont know any installers in london but know good local firm hear that might be up for getting to you so might be worth asking for a quote, thay did go all the way to oxford and other side of cambs alot http://www.businesswatchgroup.co.uk/homewatch/ think nsi silver going for gold, also very competitive dualcom packages (landline + gsm) and could get a demo unit out to you, but i think a euro would cover all that you wanted and still be easy to use, i have installed and demo to 65years+ and thay have been happy to use it, most installers should be able to pick these up and get on with it. unfortantly the company i work these days dose one shopping chain only, i would offer to do a one off job but i dont have insurance or nsi for my own jobs although that dosent stop any one these days :whistle:

Most of what you list can be accomplished by the Honeywell Galaxy G2-20, which as a hybrid panel has options for 12 wired zones and a further 8 wireless zones (or more if you reduce the number of wired zones) and has prox-keypads or an add-on external prox-reader.

It will send texts via the telephone line or if you require an expensive GSM module for GSM texting the G2-44 would be your panel.

It is programmed to send texts to up to 3 people and each can have either, 1) Alarm events only, 2) Alarm events & faults, or 3) All events.

If you don't want a user to receive a text just don't include them as one of the 3.

Text will normally say something like "House Alarm - Lounge - Alarm+" (an alarm event in the lounge) and same with "Alarm-" when the alarm is cancelled.

Text costs would depend on the provider, probably more with GSM, but definitely more outlay for the GSM module (like several hundred!).

think i have found matching and recomended galaxy unit http://www.asecurityonestopshop.com/Produc...044%2D01%2DPROX hope this helps says it dose sms not sure as never set one up for sms, how easy or how flexable it is. will look at manual and see, galaxy 2-20 & 2-44 used some on day to day shop work thay are ok never fitted in a home enviroment think they might be too "cold" maby with touch center be all right

Guest RJBsec
galaxy 2-20 & 2-44 used some on day to day shop work thay are ok never fitted in a home enviroment think they might be too "cold" maby with touch center be all right

'Touch centre' on the G2?

your euro does cost per message and also has to dial the CHC every 2 weeks (might be monthly) which is a premium rate call.

If i were you id check you bills again and you will notice calls to an 07 number. THis is chnarged at your normal rate to mobiles.

However if you have free calls to mobiles in your package it may well be free, but that would be the same for any panel using land line sms wouldnt it.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Archived