Security Installer Community

Control Panels With Sms Notification

Terry

Guest old-hand
as above and latchkey is available only on certain fobs. But the fobs re wireless not prox based (ie battery powered)

As above Fobs 5 to 8. (Or codes 5 - 8 ).

I did say not prox tags, :bruce_h4h:

:P

A Texecom Premier can do all you ask except that there is no wireless smoke detector.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

yeah i know, but it can send open/close signals for individual users, unlike Galaxy it seems.

The opinions I express are mine and are usually correct!

(Except when I'm wrong)(which I'm not)

You could use Visonic Powermax + panel totally wireless. No prox tags to set though. can be monitored and send a voice message to phone numbers. So cost of a call and cheaper if you add it to friends and family packages.

It has a "latchkey" feature which is specifically for youngsters or elderly, and notifies you of setting and unsetting individually. Up to 3 users can be programmed this way Even giving their name if programmed.

System is to grade 2 and has 30 possible zones to use.

Can i have this monitored for a police response? I did some searching, and looks like the police will respond only to a PD6662 compliant system. Not sure this one is, although it will cater for all my notification needs :rolleyes:

I also did a search round the forums and looks like the Galaxy suggested by RJB is a respected product. I called a couple of local companies but they trashed the Galaxy and they said the Scantronic is a better panel (not sure which one). I guess the reason they tried to talk down the Galaxy is because they don't install it :angry2:

Anyway, i will need to find more about this scantronic and find if it is suitable for me. Another installer said he only fits guardtec. This is confusing arggg

All installers got their favorite.

My advice is always to find the installer first then go with the gear they fit & maintain - obviously insist it does what you want, but take advice from them.

As always the hard bit is finding the installer imo.

Guest old-hand

I fit both the Galaxy and the Visonic as a professional and each have their features.

For what you require the Visonic would be the better option, as it would only signal open/close when required.

It can be on police response, look on the header here for an alarm company advertising it.

As noted above the Texecom has no smokes. Scanny has but reporting is limited again I believe. Personally I have fitted all of the above over the years and feel that for you its got to be the Gal or Visonic.

It can be confusing as you mention. I can only hope our advice here is of some help.

cheers

Archived