Security Installer Community

Where & How Shall I Mount Contact On This Garage..

virdi

lol

OP

idealy you want a roller shutter or heavy duty contact at the base of the door.

Alternativly a roller shutter / hd type right at the top just ensure the magnet and or contact wont affect any part of the door on open/close

post-17355-1234817719_thumb.jpg

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest old-hand
sorry - what is a Coach bolt?

Domed head, no way for a screwdriver to be used. Bolted down from underneath for security. And use threadloc.

please dont take this the wrong way... but are you sure you want to attempt this job?

see attached

Thanks

It's too late - I've already started - lol

Well I've run some of the cables and that's about it.... That's why I've asked for help on here, as I wasn't too sure what would be the best way to mount a contact on this Garage door.

I can't really use a bolt through that metal, as it's only about 5mm thick - and if a screw or bolt was sticking out on the other side - The garage door would not shut, as it would hit the frame - I'll try to take some better pics tomorrow and explain.

aahhh! - Idea - doh!! - I could put the bolt in from the other side - Hence the nut could screw on frm the inside ;)

You know how these heavy duty metal contacts come pre-wired - What's the best / professional way to join them - to the cables coming from the panel?

Archived