Security Installer Community

Galaxy 2-20 Rio

sirocco

Does anyone know if the BELL connection on a Galaxy RIO is like an internal sounder which just mimics the SAB on the main panel or can it be programmed independently to sound if a zone in that RIO only moves to alarm condition say in a part set scenario.

I have installed a Galaxy panel in the main premises and sited a PSU RIO in a seperate building which is to be part set when not occupied.

I would like an audible alarm if that area was breached.

yes but its programmable. It may default to BELL but you can use any of the available types. And yes BELL mimics the main bell output.

Have a look in the manual in the output sections.

Thanks,

I did but the 122pge manual only refers to programming the four outputs in the RIO and helpfully makes no ref to the BELL BOX connection at all!

I suppose if I cant see how to programme the BELL box connection I could rig up something using one of the programmable pull up outputs.

it will give you outputs and you can program them to do anything.

But they are only outputs. You will stil need to use a zone as the bell tamper.

While the galaxy is great panel it is not for begineers mate.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

it will give you outputs and you can program them to do anything.

But they are only outputs. You will stil need to use a zone as the bell tamper.

While the galaxy is great panel it is not for begineers mate.

James

I need a challenge now and again.!

Graham

I have question about G3, bell box is connected to rio and it works fine exept bell tamper! Not sure how to connect that becose from bell comes tamper only one core and i connected it thru 1K resistor and to zone, but the panel still shows tamper! What im doing wrong?

• 4 weeks later...
But why doesn't the solution that Marx is using work, i.e ov from TR via 1K resistor to zone in?

Try twisting two 1k resitors together at one end and connecting the negative tamper return to them. The other two ends of the 1k resistors should be fitted to com/z? in the rio. I know this used to work and can't see why not on a G3 panel.

Archived