Security Installer Community

Galaxy 2-20 Rio

sirocco

But why doesn't the solution that Marx is using work, i.e ov from TR via 1K resistor to zone in?

Depends on the bell, but quite often the 0v return is not a true 0V (in relation the the 0V on the panel). If you measure 12V across the 12+ and Tamper return from the SAB, you may have 12V, but if you measure continuity (resistance) across 0V on the panel and tamper return, you will sometimes find a complete open circuit or high resistance.

D7

Thought I'd test this out on a galaxy 18 with an ADT bell (elmdene 7422), both configs worked finally, mistake I initially made was to keep the engineer ip on (to silence the bell). Turns out this also stops a full 0v returning on the TR and keeps the zone triggered. So Marx another thing to check if you have an engineer ip on the bell make sure it's disconnected.

I have question about G3, bell box is connected to rio and it works fine exept bell tamper! Not sure how to connect that becose from bell comes tamper only one core and i connected it thru 1K resistor and to zone, but the panel still shows tamper! What im doing wrong?

I'd bang the ov return onto a 120L, then wire a zone off the voltage free contacts, (n/c) then set up as tamper...... When the 0v drops in belll tamper condition, the relay will open circuit.

Hey presto ;)

Archived