Security Installer Community

Big Bad Cameras In The News.....again!

Chorlton

:no: Once again CCTV is being bought into the new's in a bad light without much foundation to the story.

Its one of my pet peeves that anytime anything to do with government loosing/missusing data hits the news that the CCTV industry is automaticly paraded as the "bad guy".

The one thing that this report points out but is never elaborated on is the fact that whilst there are over 4m+ cameras installed (which is a statistic that gets banded about at any given argument) of those only 40000ish are government installed/monitored cameras. Of which many will be in a public free enviorment (MOD or infrastructure enviroment). So into total the number of camera that the government use to "spy" on the public is infact in line with other european countries.

Having said that, i am all for penaltys for the misuse of any data being heavy. As currently it seems to be token fines and "slapped wrists" for offenders. Only when punishments become realistic then people will think twice about abusing systems or data.

And breathe!!!

Rant over.

D

:no: Once again CCTV is being bought into the new's in a bad light without much foundation to the story.

Its one of my pet peeves that anytime anything to do with government loosing/missusing data hits the news that the CCTV industry is automaticly paraded as the "bad guy".

The one thing that this report points out but is never elaborated on is the fact that whilst there are over 4m+ cameras installed (which is a statistic that gets banded about at any given argument) of those only 40000ish are government installed/monitored cameras. Of which many will be in a public free enviorment (MOD or infrastructure enviroment). So into total the number of camera that the government use to "spy" on the public is infact in line with other european countries.

Having said that, i am all for penaltys for the misuse of any data being heavy. As currently it seems to be token fines and "slapped wrists" for offenders. Only when punishments become realistic then people will think twice about abusing systems or data.

And breathe!!!

Rant over.

D

Fully agree there with you :yes: also the punishements for other serious crimes like murder and robbery should also be made a lot heavier ie if you commit murder, you take a life and you should have the detah penailty for that like in america.

and if your sentenced to 25 years the prisoner shpuld serve 25 years for that offence and noit 10 like they do for good behavour now..

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Fully agree there with you :yes: also the punishements for other serious crimes like murder and robbery should also be made a lot heavier ie if you commit murder, you take a life and you should have the detah penailty for that like in america.and if your sentenced to 25 years the prisoner shpuld serve 25 years for that offence and noit 10 like they do for good behavour now..

I respect other peoples views on this matter and I admit that it is a popular view but I doubt that the families of people like Barry George (recently cleared of murdering Jill Dando) would agree.

Unfortunately history is littered with cases of police corruption, jury corruption, manufactured evidence etc. Once you execute somebody it's a bit late to put it right.

I respect other peoples views on this matter and I admit that it is a popular view but I doubt that the families of people like Barry George (recently cleared of murdering Jill Dando) would agree.

Unfortunately history is littered with cases of police corruption, jury corruption, manufactured evidence etc. Once you execute somebody it's a bit late to put it right.

On the plus side they wont be entitled to compo :whistle:

And Bentley "let 'em have it"?

It is reckoned 30% on death row in the states are innocent!

Archived