Security Installer Community

Faulty Cable

Hi all just done an install over the last 2 day went to power everthing up and do testing tamer proble after a lot of head scratching and swearing found that the cable has no continuity between 2 cores which we used for tamper so monday morning got 2 rip out 3 long runs of cable and rewire again i be testing the cable before it goes in never had this problem before complained to my wholsalers but thay just said thay give me 2 new drus no compasation thoe.

any one else had a problem like this :angry2::angry2::angry2::angry2:

No, but I would generally have spare cores available.

With FSL we often end up with loads of spare cores (only ever use 8core).

Cant say ever had cores broken on a new drum, but have had the sheath go "fat" in places (mainly on Delta, so switched to CQR few years ago).

With FSL we often end up with loads of spare cores (only ever use 8core).

Cant say ever had cores broken on a new drum, but have had the sheath go "fat" in places (mainly on Delta, so switched to CQR few years ago).

Cable had no manurfactor on it normaly use cqr but got it from are electrical wholsalers couldnt be dowing with going 2 diffrent places to get gear as have been to busy with work we had cable from are elec wholsalers before its been ok.

I have found this week on two different drums that the brown and black have parts of their insulation missing and are a short circuit. Thankfully FSL and spare cores available. I only use 8 core to.

I had similar problems with a few rolls bought back in the 90s, as I recall it was a faulty batch and I got away quite lightly as it was a one off roll I bought when my suppliers didn't have any CQR in stock.

Not something you expect though and it can get you scratching your head.

Archived