Security Installer Community

Faulty Cable

We try to use only CQR, much nicer to handle and consistent, but when others are supplying have to use what comes.

I have it on good authority that ADI unbranded stuff comes from Mayflex, or did a couple of years ago. Might have changed by now.

only use cqr cable and never had this.

what brand was it?

From memory it was Deta (not Delta) cable and was sold by CEF, another problem was it was very springy, you could unroll a length and it would coil back up like a Slinky!

Impossible to install neatly, CQR is my cable of choice, never had a problem with it.

From memory it was Deta (not Delta) cable and was sold by CEF, another problem was it was very springy, you could unroll a length and it would coil back up like a Slinky!

Impossible to install neatly, CQR is my cable of choice, never had a problem with it.

Yes i have found that with some of the cable being very springy ive noticed how it pulls against cables youve tie wrapped to and does make a untidy job sometimes unless in trunking or conduit. etc

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Yer, thats the chalky stuff I was on about. dreadful cable & pretty sure it dont meet regs. I only come across it on pre wired new builds where sparky has run the cable. Truely awful stuff.

Archived