Security Installer Community

Tamper Activated On Eurosec Cpx Alarm - Help!

megs77

Hi all

I need some help. The flat im renting has a Eurosec CPX alarm in it , made by Gardtec. Last night, the alarm starting going off whilst we were in the house. The alarm itself wasnt set at the time, so only the sounder in the house went off, not the outside bell. I haven't got a clue about alarms. :unsure:

As were renting, when we moved in we were both given a keyfob each which operates the alarm. The fob has 4 buttons on it, one with a closed lock symbol, one with an open lock symbol and two blank buttons.We have never been given a code for the alarm and although iv asked our landlord to find out what it is, i dont think he knows.

When we looked at the alarm keypad panel when the alarm went off , the message <<control panel tamper>><check> was displayed. We managed to turn off the alarm sound with the keyfob by pressed the open lock symbol as we dont have a code. I dont know what set the alarm off, all i can think is something in the cupboard near where the control box is fell over and set off the tamper.

Iv contacted gardtec and they said the default code is (XXX). Should I try this?? What do I need to do to reset the alarm as I dont want it to go off again!! From the user manuals, i can see there is also an engineers code?? do i need an engineer to reset the alarm after a tamper? Iv found an engineers appendix for the system it says Tamper rest defaults to engineer.

If someone could run me through what to do i would really appreciate it!

Thanks

i fit a lot of cpxs also but i am to far away. it may just need resetting, try starting the alarm then stopping it using the fob. if this not sort it then you will need to contact your landlord and get him/her to call in a professional, alterego seems to be offering his services. if it is set engineer tamp reset . then you have no choice..

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem and I think its a design flaw with the keypad. Open up the keypad (undo a screw in its center, behind a small cover) and look at the back of the PCB. There is a tamper button on the keypad PCB, that is supposed to be pushed down when its closed. However, I found that the case doesn't have anything there for it to push against. That's why you are getting that error message.

I moved the connector cable so that it was under the button and taped it in place. Try that, or something else to push against the button and all will be well.

Dave.

Archived