Security Installer Community

First Alarm Install

wozz

thanks for all the very prompt replys

I was unsure if it was common to have protection in all rooms that have a window. A couple of extra PIRs in rooms that dont have one will not cost much more, hopefully this will improve the system.

I just want to be sure my thinking isnt totally flawed. I do want this to be a good system because at the end of the day i dont want to be going back there to sort out problems, and my name is going to it.

wozz

Look at it this way, I service & install fire alarms & i think my work is good because it's neat, tidy and most importantly complaint with British Standard.

I could fit an intruder alarm tomorrow and it would be neat and tidy but NOT compliant with British standard and for that reason I'd not think of my work as even remotely good and therfore sub-contract it to a professional in intruder alarms as I've never even seen the BS for intruder alarms!

In my honest opinion your not qualified to supply the goods and services your about to charge for.

Up to you.

cheers,

c.

I would add contacts to any external doors / patio doors , these can be set to chime as a low security option , it also stops them setting the system with the patio doors open.

I had a customer phone me at 2am once, system wouldnt set.... she had left the sliding patio doors open and hadnt noticed.

I would add contacts to any external doors / patio doors , these can be set to chime as a low security option , it also stops them setting the system with the patio doors open.

I had a customer phone me at 2am once, system wouldnt set.... she had left the sliding patio doors open and hadnt noticed.

didn't she have a zone list?

Archived