Security Installer Community

Beware, Police Speed Trap.

SUBS

Not sure if I actually believe this, but I love the idea. Cut and pasted from something someone sent to me.

Two British traffic patrol officers from North Berwick, Northumberland, UK, were involved in an unusual incident, while checking for speeding motorists on the A1 Great North Road .

One of the officers used a hand-held radar device to check the speed of a vehicle approaching over the crest of a hill, and was surprised when the speed was recorded at over 300mph. The machine then stopped working and the officers were not able to reset it. The radar had in fact latched on to a NATO Tornado fighter jet over the North Sea, which was engaged in a low-flying exercise over the Border district.

Back at police headquarters the chief constable fired off a complaint to the RAF [Royal Air Force] Liaison Office. Back came the reply in true laconic RAF style.

'Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had automatically locked on to your 'hostile radar equipment' and sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, the Sidewinder Air-to-ground missiles aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also locked on to the target. Fortunately the Dutch pilot flying the Tornado responded to the missile status alert intelligently and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile was launched'.

'Thank you for your message, which allows us to complete the file on this incident. You may be interested to know that the tactical computer in the Tornado had automatically locked on to your 'hostile radar equipment' and sent a jamming signal back to it. Furthermore, the Sidewinder Air-to-ground missiles aboard the fully-armed aircraft had also locked on to the target. Fortunately the Dutch pilot flying the Tornado responded to the missile status alert intelligently and was able to override the automatic protection system before the missile was launched'.[/i]

Those bloody dutch pilots..... Now if it had been an American he would have done us all a favour........

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: class

Kevin Scott. Owner of KK Alarms...... Installation .. Service .. Repair ...... Thoughout.. Northumberland and North Tyneside ..... Tel:01670 361948 (call diverted after 15 seconds) or 07947444114

Great story, funny enough I first read that story probably around 8 years ago so obviously an old one, remember at the time it was reported that the bit about the pilot having to stop the missiles firing was a load off c*&p !! it takes more than a stray radar signal to overide the auto firing system and that I believe !!

good story thou !!

my mate told me this one, again not sure its true or not.........

American Destroyer passes close to a British navy vessel, the yanks see this as an opportunity to have a bit of "friendly banter" with their allies. "This is the USS Arizona, just wondering how the worlds SECOND biggest navy is doing today!". Quick as a flash comes the British reply, "Fine thanks, hows the worlds SECOND BEST navy doing??"

REALLY hope it is true lol

my mate told me this one, again not sure its true or not.........

American Destroyer passes close to a British navy vessel, the yanks see this as an opportunity to have a bit of "friendly banter" with their allies. "This is the USS Arizona, just wondering how the worlds SECOND biggest navy is doing today!". Quick as a flash comes the British reply, "Fine thanks, hows the worlds SECOND BEST navy doing??"

REALLY hope it is true lol

I very much doubt it is true as i dont think we had the 2nd biggest navy in the world during WW2 and certainly hasnt been 2nd biggest in our lifetimes.

We would however in my biased opinion be well placed to claim to have the best Navy.

Archived