Security Installer Community

Pet Pirs & Radiators

cypermethrin

Just purchased a Texecom Mirage DT Petwise to replace a very old Petwise PIR.

Current place is directly above a large (20 cm wide x 1.6m high) radiator - is this wise ? The old PIR was there for 3 year no problem - but we now have a dog as well as the old cat - and my orginal thought was it was the PIR lossing its sensitivity with the larger dog wandering around giving false alarms. But I presume the radiator could also contribute to this ?

The PIR unit as 15 cm from the top of the radiator in a corner ?? Should I look to move PIR to new location or will it be OK ?

Wise counsel appreciated......

Just purchased a Texecom Mirage DT Petwise to replace a very old Petwise PIR.

Current place is directly above a large (20 cm wide x 1.6m high) radiator - is this wise ? The old PIR was there for 3 year no problem - but we now have a dog as well as the old cat - and my orginal thought was it was the PIR lossing its sensitivity with the larger dog wandering around giving false alarms. But I presume the radiator could also contribute to this ?

The PIR unit as 15 cm from the top of the radiator in a corner ?? Should I look to move PIR to new location or will it be OK ?

Wise counsel appreciated......

Did you know that the optimum mounting height for your old Petwise detector was 2m (6ft 7in)

The height for the new detector should be between 1.5 and 3.0m

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

To test put the detector on chime and put the dog in the room to see if the PIR activates.

That's not a very good test. The dog may just mooch around ... but then one day a moth arrives and the dog charges and leaps around. Additionally, the temperate of the dog compared to the surrounding ambient temperature will have a big effect, and that will change from day to day.

PM me for access to the SSAIB members discussion area.

Archived