Security Installer Community

Bosch Ds820i

thinkjim

Hi Guys,

Please can you offer me a bit of advice on the bosche DS820i pet friendly detectors please? I've had two quotes from two reputable alarm companies (NACOSS gold and they both have good reputations), but they are giving me conflicting information.

I need my cat to have access to the kitchen area even when the alarm is set. Now the cat isn't allowed on the worktops, but I know that it jumps up on the them etc, when I am not around. In fact I caught her on top of one of the cupboards the other day.

One company proposed using a Tritech DS820i pet immune detector in this room, and the other company said they wouldn't consider using pet immune detectors "...least of all in a kitchen". This is a monitored alarm, what do you guy's think? any advice would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

thinkjim

Do you need a pir in the kitchen?

Would have thought things like a oven cooling down or a cat knocking things off the worktable may trigger the pir.

Not sure though, not fitted any in my kitchen, as they would trigger the sensors in the other rooms (and you could still have door/window sensors in the kitchen if needed) as they are highly unlikely to just break in and take things only from the kitchen..

well ideally it would be better to have a PIR in this area because it has two relatively venerable windows (ground floor flat). If you were going to make entry you'd probably try through one of the kitchen windows, so that's the thinking behind it. The other company have recommended a door contact sensor (kitchen to hallway door, not outside).

I just wondered what installers experiences are with these specific PIR/Microwave sensors. Searching the archive, people seem positive, but I just wanted feedback on their use in a kitchen....

Monitored as in police response.

If so then id agree pet sensors and police response are a no no IMO. It will false alarm at some point. If you need protection in that area go for perimeter protection.

IMHO pet tolerant sensors are a bodge and still have issues, granted they are better than they were but as you can tell im not a fan of any of em.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest anguscanplay
Monitored as in police response.

If so then id agree pet sensors and police response are a no no IMO. It will false alarm at some point. If you need protection in that area go for perimeter protection.

and an impact detector wont?

pet sensors - don`t worry about them O/P, let the installer do his job - if he gets it wrong then don`t pay him

Angus (NSI gold too)

If its a quality pet immune i see no problem and have used bosch an excellent detector BIRC the top layer of the pir is not immune.

Adi (B&Q special)

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

If its a quality pet immune i see no problem and have used bosch an excellent detector BIRC the top layer of the pir is not immune.

Adi (B&Q special)

I have to agree re the pet sensors, they are not a guarantee that it wont trip, even if the pir is set to very low sensitivity,

Door and windows contacts on a confirmed is the way to go.

Satsuma (NICEIC PROFESSIONAL)

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Guest anguscanplay
Door and windows contacts on a confirmed is the way to go.

Satsuma (NICEIC PROFESSIONAL)

hmm, bit of a 80`s vibe going on here I think, moves with the times

Archived