Security Installer Community

Bosch Ds820i

thinkjim

It is scary that some have so many problems with "pet friendly detectors" in the UK, and we don't!

Perhaps UK dogs and cats are different to ours, I am just talking about domestic ones... I would love to see a "pet friendly detectors" have immunity against a LION!

Do you read the installation instructions properly, like about tilting detectors, or mounting heights, or height vs distance that pets are allowed?

Perhaps it is that the "pet friendly detectors" that are sold in the UK are inferior to the same models sold here?

Or maybe its just that you lost faith in these a long time ago, and are not prepared to install or re-evaluate the newer models?

I am not sure, but I know that we don't seem to have the same problems with "pet friendly detectors" here as the UK installers seem to, and we use them in almost every domestic installation that we do, which is plenty? And these panels are normally armed.

I am not sure what the reason is? But "pet friendly detectors" work here, without false alarms (if correctly installed)!

I just don't know...

I am not trying to p*ss anyone off, but maybe its time that you re-evaluated these!

NN

It is scary that some have so many problems with "pet friendly detectors" in the UK, and we don't!

Perhaps UK dogs and cats are different to ours, I am just talking about domestic ones... I would love to see a "pet friendly detectors" have immunity against a LION!

Do you read the installation instructions properly, like about tilting detectors, or mounting heights, or height vs distance that pets are allowed?

Perhaps it is that the "pet friendly detectors" that are sold in the UK are inferior to the same models sold here?

Or maybe its just that you lost faith in these a long time ago, and are not prepared to install or re-evaluate the newer models?

I am not sure, but I know that we don't seem to have the same problems with "pet friendly detectors" here as the UK installers seem to, and we use them in almost every domestic installation that we do, which is plenty? And these panels are normally armed.

I am not sure what the reason is? But "pet friendly detectors" work here, without false alarms (if correctly installed)!

I just don't know...

I am not trying to p*ss anyone off, but maybe its time that you re-evaluated these!

NN

Agreed

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

For max two cats or one small lap dog, the Optex RX40PT (must be the PT version, PT=PET & TAMPER) is fine.

For bigger dogs (1 only up to about 36KG's) or up to three smaller dogs I like the DSC BV601.

Short haired dogs like staffies, should be considered big dogs, as they have a bigger IR signature than long haired dogs.

Regards

NN

Bosch 820 and visonic k985 (not the k980) I have these in my house with a 5 stone stafford, never ever fa'd, i have used them in quite a few installs with customers saying they have not had any fa's either.

I have used a few but not many of the risco wireless pets and they seem fine.

k980 are c##p as are texecoms.

Dont be scared james, buy yourself a big dog and have a play with different detectors :)

The 820's have to be set up right, mine fa'd when looking out of house, now it looks in, it has never fa'd and the catch performance is sound.

I really can't be ar**** with it anymore.

Used RX40PT before, never any bother with small-ish dogs, and the catch is as quick as the regular RX40 (one of the quickest idetectors around in my opinion). K985 is OK but I still find them a bit slow.

Trade Member

Archived