Security Installer Community

Popular Ip Cameras In Uk

IPAlarms

Whats the most popular software used for IP?

Is it milestone?

Yes - There are lots of others, but Milestone seem to be the most popular. Our solution differs in that images are only recorded when an alarm panel is triggered. All the rest use motion detection.

Can your DVR be triggered by HTTP commands from a remote server ?

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

....talking of domes - I stumbled across this Canon demo and found it to be excellent. I'd be interested to hear what anyone thinks after panning, tilting and zooming this puppy around....

http://www.ipcamerademos.com/ip_camera_demo_popup.aspx?id=29

Cracking demo. really responsive. IMO.

Always been a bit sceptical about IP domes, but will have to have a rethink.

another cracking broken link from a supplier.

This Edimax is very reasonable priced.... http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Revie...?ProductID=7045

What is the point of sourcing a cheap IP camera from a company that will not even know the difference between an amplified AI and a direct drive AI lens.

Who will you turn to for support and advice?

Interesting. Must be some awesome cameras around then.

A decent full screen image would be nice at high resolution with less lag. But that is the price of technology!

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Cracking demo. really responsive. IMO.

Always been a bit sceptical about IP domes, but will have to have a rethink.

Im sorry but thats pretty s h i t e... Whats the point in going IP if the quality is the same as traditional.. I priced an IP cam recently. over 700 euro trade for just the camera, what are these guys thinking? At least with HD the cameara quality is far superior and the software is cracking.. I dunno about you guys but in my opinion there is too much IP being sold on buzz words and fads rather than quality.... Im in IT for a long time and my advice to all you traditional installers is avoid IP until the suppliers stop ripping us off.. IP cams dont cost more to make, we are paying for a fad... Its expected but I aint jumping on that band wagon.. Im happy to sell high quality Traditional or Full High DEF IP but I aint going in between...

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

I would say that IP cams are more expensive purly cos they need a webserver and more hardware. There is more in an IP camera as it has all the ip stuff of the camera feed. Also there is a lot of R&D to pay for in the new day night megapixels etc. conventional will get less and less due to the fact the highest res it can do is PAL, and IP has no such limitation.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Im sorry but thats pretty s h i t e... Whats the point in going IP if the quality is the same as traditional.. I priced an IP cam recently. over 700 euro trade for just the camera, what are these guys thinking? At least with HD the cameara quality is far superior and the software is cracking.. I dunno about you guys but in my opinion there is too much IP being sold on buzz words and fads rather than quality.... Im in IT for a long time and my advice to all you traditional installers is avoid IP until the suppliers stop ripping us off.. IP cams dont cost more to make, we are paying for a fad... Its expected but I aint jumping on that band wagon.. Im happy to sell high quality Traditional or Full High DEF IP but I aint going in between...

I couldnt agree more. The only installs that, in my opinion, allow a truly IP based solution are the likes of large institutions that have an existing gigabit network, plenty of scope for expansion and that re-cabling conventional cameras is unfeasible.

For every IP system proposed, I'm sure I can offer a more cost effective solution better suited for the client. Far easier to cable a camera in a single twisted pair using baluns back to a dvr, that records and allows network access.

I first came across the axis 2100 back in 2001. what a nightmare camera. Only came with a manual iris lens, was too wide to fit into a 2010 housing and had alarm contacts that were TTL. Granted it allowed the image to be seen on a web page. The only network camera I ever sold at GSL back in 2001/2 was for a customer who wanted it to look at the dinner queue. What a waste of

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Whats the point in going IP if the quality is the same as traditional..

Erm - you can view an IP camera over the internet.

Im in IT for a long time and my advice to all you traditional installers is avoid IP until the suppliers stop ripping us off..

There are literally hundreds of IP camera manufacturers - surely they are'nt all ripping us off ?

I couldnt agree more. The only installs that, in my opinion, allow a truly IP based solution are the likes of large institutions that have an existing gigabit network, plenty of scope for expansion and that re-cabling conventional cameras is unfeasible.

I couldn't agree less. I think a couple of low cost IP cameras triggered by an alarm panel are an ideal way to cut down on false alarms in domestic and small commercial systems.

For every IP system proposed, I'm sure I can offer a more cost effective solution better suited for the client.

OK. I have a single room office with good nightime lighting, a monitored alarm system and a DSL connection. If the alarm is activated, I want to record 1 minute of snapshot images onto a remote server. I also want to be able to view the camera from any internet connection or through my mobile phone and GPRS plan. What's your best solution ?

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

Archived