Security Installer Community

Popular Ip Cameras In Uk

IPAlarms

Chaps,

I would like to hear comments on what you think the 3 most popular IP cameras are at the moment in the UK.

I would also be interested in any online resources where I can get into public cameras. I already have plenty of public Axis and Panasonics to play with, so I'm looking for other manufacturers if possible.

Thanks in Advance.

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

id say axis, panasonic then sony

OK - that's good. I had nothing on Sony cam's, but a quick Google search fixed that. I found some command references, so now I need to find a few public cameras so that I can test them. Can't afford to buy one - they cost a fortune don't they ?

Anyone got one of the new Linksys cameras and could share their experiences ?

from my experience from another forum, linksys cameras asa rule dont stay online, ie they lockup, especially when constantly pulling video from them. Also i beleive they dont conform the the jpeg std fully so modify the headers. You would need to allow for that. Y-cams seem fairly popular but id say panasonic are getting very populal due to the price/features. Nothing IMO on the std stuff (ie not iqinvision etc) can touch the 221's for performance.

I have tried the bosch but they are still interline scan so you get interlace noise on anything above 288 lines

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Im going to be using Avigilon. Not the most popular because of price but certainly one of the best. Beautiful build quality and excellent software but most of all for once ever Proper picture, true High Def...

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

Originally I used Axis, Sony, JVC, Panasonic a couple of years ago. I found them mainly as toys even though I worked for a major distributor. The best one I came across at the time, 6 years ago was Pixord. Cant comment now though. If you wish to see an alternative, try Visage's network speeddome.

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Chaps,

I would like to hear comments on what you think the 3 most popular IP cameras are at the moment in the UK.

I would also be interested in any online resources where I can get into public cameras. I already have plenty of public Axis and Panasonics to play with, so I'm looking for other manufacturers if possible.

Thanks in Advance.

dont like ip cctv :X:realmad:

"If you carry your childhood with you, you never become old. Why rush to end life when happiness is in the blissfulness of childhood innocence."

"We all die, the goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will."

Originally I used Axis, Sony, JVC, Panasonic a couple of years ago. I found them mainly as toys even though I worked for a major distributor. The best one I came across at the time, 6 years ago was Pixord. Cant comment now though. If you wish to see an alternative, try Visage's network speeddome.

....talking of domes - I stumbled across this Canon demo and found it to be excellent. I'd be interested to hear what anyone thinks after panning, tilting and zooming this puppy around....

http://www.ipcamerademos.com/ip_camera_demo_popup.aspx?id=29

....talking of domes - I stumbled across this Canon demo and found it to be excellent. I'd be interested to hear what anyone thinks after panning, tilting and zooming this puppy around....

http://www.ipcamerademos.com/ip_camera_demo_popup.aspx?id=29

Average. A little slow even for a small cameo.

Kind regards

Stuart Onley

SAMS Consultancy

Independent Security Consultants

email:enquiries@samsconsultancy.co.uk

Average. A little slow even for a small cameo.

Interesting. Must be some awesome cameras around then.

Got to admit my interest is in low cost IP cameras for domestic and small commercial premises where there's not much demand for fast PTZ.

This Edimax is very reasonable priced.... http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop/Revie...?ProductID=7045

Anyone on here used them ?

Archived