Security Installer Community

Popular Ip Cameras In Uk

IPAlarms

Yep.

The chips i beleive are differnt though so as they can do day night. I think 1 and 2 megapixle will be pretty cheap soon, but for mainstream remote use we need more bandwidth for these things.

We always fit our own network when installing ip as IT dont like us on 'their' network, also they switch things off on holiday periods...just when we need em more. We do use existing fibre links and media converters mind.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

IPalarms.

I think that while IP cameras do have a long way to go i can see your theory. But you would need to do dual path for the confirmation images (if the line gets cut you couldnt confirm anything), and offer the same low light performance that say a

post-17355-1218103891.jpg

post-17355-1218103900_thumb.jpg

post-17355-1218103914_thumb.jpg

I think that while IP cameras do have a long way to go i can see your theory. But you would need to do dual path for the confirmation images (if the line gets cut you couldnt confirm anything), and offer the same low light performance that say a

Free Alarm Monitoring over the Internet from IP Alarms

I have split off sjonley's reply IP alarms, maybe you could continue that discussion there?

Also yes it was an axis 207m, but set at 320x240, but i agree it looks worse than it should do. Ill look into why.

try this one

post-17355-1218115367_thumb.jpg

try this one

Much better. Maybe there was a small earthquake when you took the first snapshot ;-)

I have split off sjonley's reply IP alarms, maybe you could continue that discussion there?

No problem.

Erm - you can view an IP camera over the internet.

There are literally hundreds of IP camera manufacturers - surely they are'nt all ripping us off ?

I couldn't agree less. I think a couple of low cost IP cameras triggered by an alarm panel are an ideal way to cut down on false alarms in domestic and small commercial systems.

OK. I have a single room office with good nightime lighting, a monitored alarm system and a DSL connection. If the alarm is activated, I want to record 1 minute of snapshot images onto a remote server. I also want to be able to view the camera from any internet connection or through my mobile phone and GPRS plan. What's your best solution ?

Firstly Im not sure are you a reseller or what so my comments are towards resellers or anyone in particular.. Yes there are hundreds of IP cameras out there, but we are discussing the "better ones". With IP you need good tech support and as you are aware its a different ball game than traditional. I just dont think an Axis camera for example should cost me what it does. When I talk about multimegapixel I only refer to one brand and that is "Avigilon". They are the only IP cams Ive seen that are quality built and you get what you pay for. I had an Axis cam a couple of weeks ago, cost RRP over 1600 euro. It was the cheapest plasticy thing Id ever seen, I was disgusted..

And I dont buy any of that "oh its expensive cause its a web server".. Thats c##p, this technology is cheap as chips to make. A lot of it is Cmos and has serious flaws, a lot of it is also only day cameras.. I just dont buy the hype..

And as for your scenario.. I'd put in a high quality small DVR with H.264 transmission, use my alarm imputs and use a Proper day night high quality Samsung Techwin camera. Id still get my web browser through static or DDNS, Id have far better camera and lens options, Id have weeks of storage on a 250GB DVR.. Where are you going with your one minute clip and looking on your mobile phone.. Firstly looking at anything on a mobile phone is shocking hard and poor quality and secondly a minute of recording is no good to you is you have the wrong minute..

Ive said it here many times before...

High quality images, constant recording, medium recycle periods, bad guys 0, Client 1

Im sick to debt of seeing DVRs on the worst quality setting to get a month from the recorder.. When will people learn images where every one looks like lego men wont ever halp catch the criminals.. Unless in fact they are actually made of lego which is doubtful!!!!

Anyways Ill end by saying be wary of IP, dont get sucked in by buzz words.. Its all about the picture at the end of the day....

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

VOICE VIDEO DATA NETWORKS

I sort of agree but im an axis fan. Ever played with a 223m?

Anyway while i agree with you on recording for post event analysis, what i beleive is being discussed is confirming if an alarm is genuine. That can be achived with a very low res image. Sure if you want to come in tommorrow to find something has happened and hope the dvr is still there and that it caught some high quality images then great.... id rather know at the time that someone has the info to confirm its genuine and react accordingly. Depends on the solution required imo

And as for your scenario.. I'd put in a high quality small DVR with H.264 transmission, use my alarm imputs and use a Proper day night high quality Samsung Techwin camera. Id still get my web browser through static or DDNS, Id have far better camera and lens options, Id have weeks of storage on a 250GB DVR..

Thanks - that's about what I expected and there is absolutely nothing wrong with your approach. Installation costs aside - I'm guessing the equipment costs mount to several hundred pounds.

If I was invited to do the same quote, I would suggest something like a Level One or D-Link camera (Vivotek inside) plugged directly into the router. Equipment cost -

My point is: There are many different approaches to finding a solution for the customer. You have your way, I have mine and no doubt others would have done it completely differently.

I personally wouldnt do an install with a dlink router and webcam. Look after there is an alarm activation its going to be at night, so unless you have PIR triggered lighting or IR you wont catch anything as a burgular will tend to break in at night using flash lights. Also what I find is that most Installers put Battery back ups on there DVR's but in your scenario you are dependant on a line of communication being sent via broadband... Nobody ever thinks to put a UPS on the router do they!!!

Anyways I am not an average CCTV.. I think outside the box, I think like an engineer but also like an Intruder..

Also in your situation this may work in a business enviroment but Im not sure will this kind of system ever work in a house. I personally think Alarm systems days are numbered and unless they modernise it it will be a dead technology. And the answer to their woes may be integrated CCTV, but how many people are going to want the inside of their personal home fitted with cameras.??? I think it strains the boundries of personal intrusion. Even if it is your own family I think teenagers, wives, husbands would feel strange about there partner dialling in and viewing the house..

And finally on your 3G handsets remark. I live and talk about Ireland, the UK is not my area so our broadband and mobile networks have a lot of catching up to do with yours and it'll be a long time before we're able to offer people the same wide coverage and speeds you all enjoy.

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

Im afraid I have to ask one other thing... Your question has changed many times since we started this topic.. What is your interest in this Topic "IPALARMS". Are you trying to push a product or service or are you trying to gain more info on IP in general? The reason I ask is your mentioned as a dist/wholesaler asking the following?

"I would like to hear comments on what you think the 3 most popular IP cameras are at the moment in the UK.

I would also be interested in any online resources where I can get into public cameras. I already have plenty of public Axis and Panasonics to play with, so I'm looking for other manufacturers if possible"

Then you ask for a solution to this problem?

"OK. I have a single room office with good nightime lighting, a monitored alarm system and a DSL connection. If the alarm is activated, I want to record 1 minute of snapshot images onto a remote server. I also want to be able to view the camera from any internet connection or through my mobile phone and GPRS plan. What's your best solution ? "

Im sorry but this sounds like advertising to me, I thought this was not allowed???

Eoghan O'Flaherty

Fusion Networks

Southern Ireland

info@fusionnetworks.ie

Archived