Security Installer Community

Wages

rob6709

Guest anguscanplay
When id been in the game the 3 years i was not on the equivilent of 28k then.

I`m still not now - LOL

Hi

I work in the south east have 20 yrs experiance as a multiskilled security engineer ( intruder,cctv,access,fire,gate automation) install & service and at the moment i command a salary of

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

I totally agree with you..... but your getting robbed with your holidays as the government states a minimum of 24 days holiday a yr

Hi

Thats 20 days holidays of my own choosing and on top of that all the bank holidays so thats more than 24 or is it law for 24 plus all the bank hols on top if so i will be speaking to the powers that be ????

Since 1 October 2007 all workers have had a statutory right to at least 4.8 weeks paid annual leave (that's 24 days paid holiday if you work five days a week).

The basics of holiday rights

There is a minimum right to paid holiday, but your employer may offer more than this. The main things you should know about holiday rights are:

you are entitled to a minimum of 4.8 weeks (from 1 October 2007)

the entitlement will increase again to 5.6 weeks from 1 April 2009

those working part-time are entitled to the same level of holiday pro rata (so 4.8 then 5.6 times your usual working week)

you start building up holiday as soon as you start work

your employer can control when you take your holiday

you get paid your normal pay for your holiday

when you finish a job, you get paid for any holiday you

Lee Sutton

E-Mail: leesutton@centurianfire.co.uk

Phone: 0845 094 9870

CENTURIAN FIRE & SECURITY (part of centurian group limited)

Guest anguscanplay
I suggest you all earn your spurs first on intruder then become multiskilled engineers if you want to earn good salaries.

I know, but I own the bloody firm - LOL

Since 1 October 2007 all workers have had a statutory right to at least 4.8 weeks paid annual leave (that's 24 days paid holiday if you work five days a week).

The basics of holiday rights

There is a minimum right to paid holiday, but your employer may offer more than this. The main things you should know about holiday rights are:

you are entitled to a minimum of 4.8 weeks (from 1 October 2007)

the entitlement will increase again to 5.6 weeks from 1 April 2009

those working part-time are entitled to the same level of holiday pro rata (so 4.8 then 5.6 times your usual working week)

you start building up holiday as soon as you start work

your employer can control when you take your holiday

you get paid your normal pay for your holiday

when you finish a job, you get paid for any holiday you

There are basically 3 types of engineers in our industry (no not good/bad/ugly, though yes that aswell) I mean in terms of wages & this thread:

1, salaried. works for firm, relative job security, paternity/maternity/ annual/sick leave, paid for courses, car, mobile, overtime etc but not too good wages. (Pension?)

2. self-employed. better money but, supply own car/insurance/updated education etc. Great if the goings good. 52 weeks hols pa if you can afford it. 52 weeks hols if no one can afford you. (Personal Pension?)

3. You run your own business. Best money of all after you built up 20year client base. Keep prices keen always got work, cant get sack. Worst money of all 1st 19 years. (Sell business to realise pension?)

Ive been in all three situations over the years (now in 3) and honestly couldnt say which is the better financially in the long term. I can say (having gone on call from friday and spent on & off sat 9pm & 2am, sun 3.30am, 5am, 11am, 4pm, mon install plus go back on temp repairs in the evening) whatever it is I earn with all the trimmings

IT AINT ENOUGH

Archived