Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cpx False Alarm Advice

sd6446

Unfortunalty sd due to the response time gurarantees etc, we only cover certain areas with it, ie West Midlands and we have another team that does Worcestershire.

Hereford will be next but unfortunatly that doesnt help you.

Again it would need to be a system on contract to ensure false alarm management etc, but im sure a local company will offer a similar service.... if not we might need to be your way lol

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Unfortunalty sd due to the response time gurarantees etc, we only cover certain areas with it, ie West Midlands and we have another team that does Worcestershire.

Hereford will be next but unfortunatly that doesnt help you.

Again it would need to be a system on contract to ensure false alarm management etc, but im sure a local company will offer a similar service.... if not we might need to be your way lol

Thanks again - will look into it locally.

Guest RJBsec
Many thanks for this - useful tips, particularly checking for draughts and interference. Will take a closer look at the PIR at the weekend.

You're welcome, a 4am false alarm from an older PIR is as likely to be from RFI as any other source.

Don't be put off by the fact that the ACT site sells filters, the owner David Grant is very experienced in the subject of electronic fault-finding and cures, he has worked on some serious fault-finding situations, including working with commercial aircraft.

Guest anguscanplay
You're welcome, a 4am false alarm from an older PIR is as likely to be from RFI as any other source.

Don't be put off by the fact that the ACT site sells filters, the owner David Grant is very experienced in the subject of electronic fault-finding and cures, he has worked on some serious fault-finding situations, including working with commercial aircraft.

ties in with "landing ....." i suppose LOL, fact is in over 30 years we`ve never had an activation that was caused by RFI. At 4.00 am its a spider or a battery fault and seen as the systems only a year old my monies on the first suspect

RFI is a bit "red mercury ...." IMO

please everyone, take my input as complimantery to above not disrespecting or disagreeing with it,

leaving landing doors open is a bad practice, if you suffer a fire it will spread far quicker than if they were closed, and quicker still if any window is open feeding oxygen to the fire.

there are many many reasons and causes for false alarms, i'd go with the most common 1st, if that fails there's no harm fitting a filter.

speaking personally, i have never yet found a situation that they helped to cure, imho far better to replace an affected detector with a later (so more robust) unit if RFi is suspected.

but 1st things 1st, your system has worked for fine about a year and sufddenly a false alarm, i'm not discounting RFi but i'd expect would likely have shown up sooner with older detectors you have.

so to the most common causes? with landind door/s left open and not held, so 'moving' reflecting heat sources or covering/uncovering them causing a 5 deg per second change so a false alarm.

window/s partly open or small window left open 'for airing' purposes. - just don't do it :bruce_h4h: , even though its been ok in the past you are simply playing Russian Roulette with your neighbours piece and quiet, if you must have a window open then close the landing doors and make sure they are held closed securly by pushing against them once closed - no short cuts end of as its your system it's your responsibility to operate correctly.

if you thinks thats being a little harsh you should 'suffer' one of my hand-overs - and you'd also be paying for it..

you battery may be only a year old, but best to replace it if you can't test it properly with the correct equipment, not unknown for them to be duff from new.

go over each connection in the panel and the detector, testing by gently puling each wire one by one, look for shorting conductors or lose connections, pay special attention to the 12 volt connections that power the detectors, also, look for cable damage like chaffing, knife cuts (by carpet fitters), crushing and rodent activity.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

ties in with "landing ....." i suppose LOL, fact is in over 30 years we`ve never had an activation that was caused by RFI. At 4.00 am its a spider or a battery fault and seen as the systems only a year old my monies on the first suspect

RFI is a bit "red mercury ...." IMO

Or, one of the open landing doors moved

Whoops, Arf beeeeeeeet me to it

Someone told me I was ignorant and apathetic, I don't know what that means, nor do I care.

Guest anguscanplay
So how old are you angus?

i`m 40 this year, the old mans 65 later too so as well as been in business over 30 years thats probably 54 years combined experiance - you ...?

Archived