Security Installer Community

Eurosec Cpx False Alarm Advice

sd6446

Hi,

I fitted a Eurosec CPX alarm about a year ago (with some help courtesy of this forum!) and it has all been working really well. However, over the weekend the alarm was triggered once, at 4a.m! For info, the offending PIR is on the upstairs landing, not facing any heat sources, although there are plenty of doors to the landing (-all left open!). The alarm has never false alarmed before. This particular PIR was fitted as part of the previous alarm system by a very reputable local security company (albeit several years ago!). This leads me to a few questions...

1. Can any of you give me some pointers as to potential reasons for such false alarms? I suppose this is rather open ended, as there could be a number of factors. However, in order to help resolve this, I wondered if it was worth fitting a "Quad" PIR (e.g Bosch ISM-BLQ1), as this claims to have "draft and insect immunity"!? (Although I thought spiders were cold blooded, so can they really trigger a PIR?).

2. Given that the alarm sounded whilst we were away (-the CPX called my mobile), I wondered if it was possible to have the alarm monitored by a company who can respond in our absence? Does anyone know any such companies in the Reading area?

Many thanks in advance,

Steve.

Guest RJBsec
1. Can any of you give me some pointers as to potential reasons for such false alarms? I suppose this is rather open ended, as there could be a number of factors. However, in order to help resolve this, I wondered if it was worth fitting a "Quad" PIR (e.g Bosch ISM-BLQ1), as this claims to have "draft and insect immunity"!? (Although I thought spiders were cold blooded, so can they really trigger a PIR?).

Electromagnetic interference from electrical equipment such as a stuttering fridge motor, radio frequency interference such as a poorly tuned taxi radio, draughts, movement of doors left open in a draughty environment, spiders causing apparant fluctuations in the background infrared energy, rodents, birds flying down the chimmney (you would notice!).

2. Given that the alarm sounded whilst we were away (-the CPX called my mobile), I wondered if it was possible to have the alarm monitored by a company who can respond in our absence? Does anyone know any such companies in the Reading area?

There will be keyholding companies in the area such as Chubb Wardens, but there will be an annual charge of several hundred plus a significant charge if/when they are called out, don't you have any friends/relatives?

Electromagnetic interference from electrical equipment such as a stuttering fridge motor, radio frequency interference such as a poorly tuned taxi radio, draughts, movement of doors left open in a draughty environment, spiders causing apparant fluctuations in the background infrared energy, rodents, birds flying down the chimmney (you would notice!).

There will be keyholding companies in the area such as Chubb Wardens, but there will be an annual charge of several hundred plus a significant charge if/when they are called out, don't you have any friends/relatives?

Thanks for the response. I hadn't considered RF interference. However, I suspect that closing the doors and replacing my ageing PIR would be the first step?

>> "don't you have any friends/relatives?"

-not many! ;) And even fewer that would appreciate a 4a.m call-out! :no:

id agree.

As a side note what you expect to pay for this service. We do offer soemthing but only to contracted systems where you can book any 3 weeks on the year as your 'holiday' with us and in the event of an activation we would respond.

James

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Guest RJBsec
We do offer soemthing but only to contracted systems where you can book any 3 weeks on the year as your 'holiday' with us and in the event of an activation we would respond.

That 4 hrs or 20 mins James? :whistle:

Guest anguscanplay
Thanks for the response. I hadn't considered RF interference. it won`t be However, I suspect that closing the doors and replacing my ageing PIR would be the first step?

have you checked for spiders?

id agree.

As a side note what you expect to pay for this service. We do offer soemthing but only to contracted systems where you can book any 3 weeks on the year as your 'holiday' with us and in the event of an activation we would respond.

James

Thanks for the response James. I don't know how much these services cost really, but if you have a website I would be keen to take a further look.

Many thanks for this - useful tips, particularly checking for draughts and interference. Will take a closer look at the PIR at the weekend.

have you checked for spiders?

...and re-housing of any spiders is first on my list of course! ;)

Archived