Security Installer Community

Telephone Wiring Advice Needed

As for getting my panel to dial out, this is going to be a more complicated matter.

for the final time, do you have the card fitted?

Apparently in order to send an sms, it makes a premium rate connection to an alarm centre from where the message is relayed.

Also contacts CHC every 14 days or something

My installation manual says it is described in the 'Engineering Manual' which was not supplied. I've asked my supplier to obtain this for me. So far he hasn't come back to me.

Despite what you may think these as not really consummer electronics the full book just has more stuff to confuse you

De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da. De Do Do Do, De Da Da Da

This is the second thread I started in here in as many days. Whilst i'm grateful for all the advice that has been enthusiasticly offered, i'm disappointed to see the arguments that have flared up as a result.

Everyone has a point of view. Some people are more knowledgeable than others. Whilst it is good to have a sensible debate, and to correct errata, I see no good that can come from publicly slagging each other off. It brings about a situation whereby members withhold their valuable advice for fear of the retribution it might bring down on them.

So how about about a degree of tolerance and civility in here chaps?

Ian

But perhaps you are referring to the communications card?

I'm not totally clued up yet, but apparently there is an optional communications card to allow for external engineer access and pc connectiviity, but this is not necessary for outgoing sms and call centre calls.

Ian

Yes my panel has the card fitted. It is standard on my panel.

right'o

http://www.telephonesuk.co.uk/wiring_info.htm

however a+b (2+5) the wrong way round will still work

digi has to be enabled & set up for sms calls choose phones network + phones no + what content use wish to send

also you have to send test singal to CHC before it will text any numbers & you will need an account no for CHC before it will work

also you have to send test singal to CHC before it will text any numbers & you will need an account no for CHC before it will work

This is me being short of knowledge again... I've never set up a panel for dialing out. Who are CHC?

Ian

I'm not totally clued up yet, but apparently there is an optional communications card to allow for external engineer access and pc connectiviity, but this is not necessary for outgoing sms and call centre calls.

ignore the keypad, right does your pcb look like this?

eur-1024.jpg

Guest anguscanplay
I'm afraid it's you that are wrong Angus. :cry: A=5 B=2.

0V=A=Orangedropwire=5=Blue/white

-48V=B=Whitedropwire=2=White/blue

It`ll still work, deffo wont work if you went 2, 3, 5 ( A, B, BC) but seems the O/P would rather go with the first advice he gets on a topic than have the poster corrected ....... still its his shout

Archived