Security Installer Community

Dual Com Or Redcare?

Guest anguscanplay
I've had 4 quotes so far, all varying, although one of them said that Redcare would surfice instead of the DualCom.

not biased at all was he - LOL

I prefer redcare, and consider it the superior product, yes its a wait to get it but if your line goes down who would you rather deal with - the actual line provider or an offshore call centre operator called Mike or James or something similar

your stuck with the tag option though, unless you fit a lock to your door ........

think we need to clarify the tag's bit fella's,

keys v codes v tags.

a perennial argument as was with key verses keypad when they appeared

so 1st things 1st.

codes can be transfered by word, shoulder surfed or writing it on the panel (and yes i've seen it done along with ARC phone number and security phrase :rolleyes: ), but if compromised can be swiftly changed.

against this if keys are lost it is slow engineer only so expensive to replace excercise, meanwhile security is seriously compromised.

the tag in effect sits above the two, a lost tag can be deleted in seconds (by the master user on many systems) so if lost with keys, restores some security level quickly once realised.

unlike a key no way can you copy a tag, so the cleaner can't blurt out the code to her boyfriend who then breaks in with it, he has to borrow or knick the tag, irrefutable the tag was used so easier to prove in court, nobody csn clsim someone used their code after watching it being typrd in (why we don't have this simple but robust technology on credit/debit cards is beyond me).

moving on, id you require police response there are rules of engagement, one being a device designed to prevent you entering the shop without 1st un-setting. the tag, lock or radio fob allows you to turn off the system, so allowing physical entry.

this came about as often there might be a need to open up to say recover a wallet, purse or mobile, so keyholder gives leys to trusted employee but forgets to give a code resulting in false alarms.

not all of it, but hope this clarifies, and tbh the sales reps should have gone through all this with you so you understood - especially if they are 'approved' companies.

regs

alan

If you think education is difficult, try being stupid!!!!

for those of us can,t get redcare we don,t have a choice it has to be dualcom

(ie in hull and area we are on KC and have to use dual comm)

Paul

THE BLACK KNIGHT

"Any comments / opinions posted are my opinion only and do not represent those of my employer or Company."

not all of it, but hope this clarifies, and tbh the sales reps should have gone through all this with you so you understood - especially if they are 'approved' companies.

im sitting here shocked and stunned

i actually agree here.

Arf can you resume normal service so i can continue to completly disagree with all you type?

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Redcare Or Dualcom - Dualcom GPRS

RedGSM Or Dualcom - RedGSM (But I Am Been Swayed To Dualcom Recently)(Price And Has Rogers Say's Flexability)

Thought The RedGSM's Were Stopping O2 And It's The New Unit Thats Vodaphone Only

By The Way The BT Rep Say's To My MD About A 24 Hour Test Call To The ARC On Their New Kit (Agile)

Like You Do On Dualcoms :unsure:

I Know That CSL Can Set It Up But We've Never Used It

Whats Are Your Thought Guys On Test Calls On Dualcom GPRS's Back Up Path And The Reg's As You Understand Them

I Did Speak To CSL And They Say It's Rare

Guest anguscanplay
BT's UK Sales Manager prefered Dualcom, he joined Dualcom as National Sales Manager in March :lol:

CSL News

were an industry well known for doing the best thing, not just chasing the money yes?

Archived