Security Installer Community

Dual Com Or Redcare?

depends

Whats better a car or a bike?

Each has there benefits but neither can be overall better than the other, both are available as grade 4 variants.

Whats the application and the reason for the question. We may be able answer then.

securitywarehouse Security Supplies from Security Warehouse

Trade Members please contact us for your TSI vetted trade discount.

Hi,

OK, i've just taken over an new warehouse unit, approx 900 sq foot, single story, I run a firework business and although there is not much stock kept on the premises, its a high risk item.

The building comprises of 4 rooms, showroom, warehouse area, store room and office. The monitoring is for my own peace of mind really although it will keep the insurance company happy.

I've had 4 quotes so far, all varying, although one of them said that Redcare would surfice instead of the DualCom.

Heres what i've been quoted.

Quote 1 Grade 2 Compliant. This is the cheapest quote.

3 door mags

2 roller shutter mags

2 x IR Bosch

2 x Dual Tech Optex

1 x 360 IR

1 x PA

2 x Smoke

1 x Heat

1 x Galaxy G2-20

1 x Galaxy MK7

1 x Ext Set Button

4 x Prox tags ( although i might say i dont want these, i've heard that there are security issues with these, i mean, most people will keep them with their keys, someone steals your keys then they can get in AND disarm the alarm) comment?

1 x External Sounder

1 x Internal Sounder

1 x External Dummy

1 x Dual Com connected to monitoring centre

Quote 2 - Grade 2 - This is the most expensive quote by about

Regards.

Mark

secure4.me.uk digital cctv

Guest RJBsec

More bang for your buck then with Quote 1 as it stands in print.

If its a monitored system for police response you are going to need the prox-tags as they (or similar) are required.

I like Dualcom, its more flexible and doesn't require a BT line so it could share an existing non BT line.

If Quote 1 is the cheapest then use some of the savings and get them to add a Max3 reader on the outside of the property for set/unset just to make things a bit more secure - they should know how that helps.

Are they all the same approval type?

IMO its just the equipment being used and i dont ever pick the cheapest of anything. Also there will be a letter after the G2, ie G2b etc, Are these all the same?

What Grade of dualcom are they using and is it redcare, redcare gsm or agile?

James

what dd243 type are they quoting, ie is any using 6.4.4?

if you dont want to use tag, then you should use either access control or a shunt lock and if the ra has decided on G2 then you are classed as low to medium risk

If its GSM its gotta be redcare coz ya can never get a good signal on dual com. But dual coms are cheaper

have fiited a cpl of the new dual coms and signal strenghth has never been an issue even without ariel fitted have had good signal strenghth

as for power up great self learning just needed test on power up great but having not done many redcare cant realy comment

Archived